A new adventure

Help Support CattleToday:

Week 2 begins, I've changed my travel route. I was getting tired of all the traffic so now I take 4 different ferries and walk uphill to the hospital. My wife works for our county transit agency so I can ride them for free. The picture of the houses on the beach is where I grew up (I'm 61 and my Mom still wants me to wave when I go by 🤣🥰🥰). With all the catalytic converters being stolen my Mom drops me off at the ferry dock, it really makes her feel like she's helping and she is. Not sure how long I can do the 3 mile round-trip on foot but I'm gonna give it hell. Mt Rainer rises from sea level to 14,400 ft, quite majestic.
20211108_114425.jpg20211108_112019.jpg20211108_115822.jpg20211108_110946.jpg

I'm lovin' your mom! I can see where you get your "can-do" attitude. Yes, she's absolutely helping. And you'd best wave every damn time - when she's not picking you up.

And the treatment went okay? Or as well as expected?
Treatment is going well, today was day 7 of 32 and the side affects are starting to show up. Radiation dermatitis among others (very tender down there) diarrhea and starting to get a little nausea.
But today was cool, the Nimitz came back to PSNS after a short sea trial. I was on a little 60 foot passenger ferry I felt really small. Hahaha
20211109_103443.jpg20211109_103502.jpg20211109_103202.jpg

Cool pictures, that's a beautiful area.

A family member went through chemo treatments for cancer and said the side effects were cumulative, towards the end of the treatments it got pretty rough. But he's been cancer free for 3-1/2 years now and out enjoying his new lease on life.

Attitude is everything.

Cool pictures, that's a beautiful area.

A family member went through chemo treatments for cancer and said the side effects were cumulative, towards the end of the treatments it got pretty rough. But he's been cancer free for 3-1/2 years now and out enjoying his new lease on life.

Attitude is everything.
One thing I've always had is an attitude!🤣 The radiation tech told me "you keep showing up with a good attitude and we'll do the rest". It's still early but I'm not giving up.

It's way more impressive when the ships come in after duty all lined with sailors. When I was a kid we would see the tugs heading out and we'd grab a skiff, surfs up! I swam many times in the winter unplanned!🤣

You don't live on the wet side of Washington, you live on the wet wet side of Washington, the Olympic Peninsula.
Best wishes for getting through your health situation.

What a beautiful place to live.

Are you still walking as much?

I think walking helps everything
I had to stop my 4 mile walk, the radiation dermatitis is overwhelming. They have "burnt" all the skin off my "area" and it's way too painful to walk. I really miss walking.

PS. My dad is from Blytheville Arkansas.

I am sorry that I didn't see this sooner. I had my bilateral knee replacements right about the time of your first post and was not on the computer for 2 weeks and then limited as I had a lot of allergic reactions and a terrible time in the rehab.
Positive thoughts going out for the rest of your treatments and hope that it will do the trick. The scenery is beautiful... never been on a ferry, I think it would be neat. Probably just old hat to you....we are pretty "landlocked" here in the valleys and mountains of western Virginia.

I am sorry that I didn't see this sooner. I had my bilateral knee replacements right about the time of your first post and was not on the computer for 2 weeks and then limited as I had a lot of allergic reactions and a terrible time in the rehab.
Positive thoughts going out for the rest of your treatments and hope that it will do the trick. The scenery is beautiful... never been on a ferry, I think it would be neat. Probably just old hat to you....we are pretty "landlocked" here in the valleys and mountains of western Virginia.
How are your knees now? I hope therapy and everything is going well. The ferry ride is old hat, but sometimes you get a bonus. Yesterday a pod of Orca whales swam by going north close enough to see. That's always kinda cool. We need the transient Orcas to come through and munch on a bunch of seals, and knock a few off.

I had to stop my 4 mile walk, the radiation dermatitis is overwhelming. They have "burnt" all the skin off my "area" and it's way too painful to walk. I really miss walking.

PS. My dad is from Blytheville Arkansas.
Burnt and area....

Poor you!!

I'm certainly enjoying your upbeat attitude! Lost my grandmother many many years ago. I was just a kid and didn't understand.

Hoping for the best for you!

Thanks. Knees are starting to heal better. Still stiff and sore, but working and I can stand without pain that I couldn't do before; so a definite improvement. PT is tough, but I want to walk normal again, so am doing it. Hope to be back to normal by spring when it is time to start calving cows and then hay season.
Hoping the rest of the treatments go by fast and then you have good reports and can get back to living again.

Named 'em,
Just saw your post today. Today marks one week shy of 7 years, 5 months being cancer free from colon cancer. Reading through the thread shows me you'll whip this. Your attitude and sense of humor are 90% of the battle. Keep fighting and let their skilled hands continue to tend to you.
Prayers for you.

Latest posts