A&M Beef Cattle Short Course

Help Support CattleToday:

A6gal

Reaction score
Was thinking about attending the Beef Cattle Short Course at A&M in College Station, TX this summer. Has anyone on this board attended this conference? If so, what'd you think about it?

A6gal":24xeo7c9 said:
Was thinking about attending the Beef Cattle Short Course at A&M in College Station, TX this summer. Has anyone on this board attended this conference? If so, what'd you think about it?

I went to it last year and left half way through the first day. Booring to the nth degree!!!! Might be OK if you'd never raised a cow or fertilized a pasture before attending.

Norris

Norris, thanks for the response. Good to know. I certainly don't want to waste time or money.

I've never been, but heard lots of good things about it. Was thinking of trying to go this year. But if it's like Norriscathy said, I probably won't.

Ryan , I went 4 years ago and left there with a numb head. I took home so many ideas and a bunch more knowledge. Better than I had expected and will go back this year or next.
You will get a lot from talking with other ranchers that are there for the same reasons. Networking cant hurt...

I have to disagree with Norris. It is a program well worth the money. Like Norris said, some of the program is basic information. Most of the program is the newest research in beef and forage production. Some of the talks on animal reproduction are fairly technical.