A lovely surprise down the paddock.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Went down the paddock and found a beautiful heifer calf hiding in the grass off one of my show heifers. I had my suspicions about her for a few days that she might be sneeky and have a calf. She is not yet two. I don't join our heifers till they are two usually. Our new sire a polled South Devon we purchased must have paid her a visit 9 months ago. The calf weighed 34 kgs. The bull "Bolinda Xtra Ordinary" is proving to be a great asset to us with his low birthweight calves and quality calves so far. He currently weighs 1,000 kgs in the paddock.
This young lady will have her first big trip (300ks) in August to Brisbane show with her mum along with rest of the show team. There is still 3 of our show cows yet to calve.
This new arrival is what makes cattle breeding so rewarding.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":2lz38n6a said:
When I get my digital camera I'll post some photos of cattle and Australian things.
Hold tight till then.
Colin

Sounds good. :)

Ryan

Australian Cattleman":2ihc1l7d said:
my new calf is going along fine,found another nice heifer in another paddock today.
Colin

I love finding new calves. Since I am down at college , my dad calls me whenever we have new calves at the ranch. I think we only have like 1 or 2 left to calve.

Ryan

Latest posts