A Lot of Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

ROB

Reaction score
got home from work yesterday and dumped 1/2-inch out of the gauge. this morning went to check the gauge and it was completely full. over 6-inches but i didn't know how much over. a neighbor who calls in rainfall totals said 9-inches. started about 8:00 pm yesterday evening and ended about 4:30 am this morning. flood-water in our area is higher than i ever seen before.

ROB

ROB":2icx9elj said:
got home from work yesterday and dumped 1/2-inch out of the gauge. this morning went to check the gauge and it was completely full. over 6-inches but i didn't know how much over. a neighbor who calls in rainfall totals said 9-inches. started about 8:00 pm yesterday evening and ended about 4:30 am this morning. flood-water in our area is higher than i ever seen before.

ROB

Sure hate to hear of your delimma. I haven't had a measurable rain for going on 7 weeks.

Putting out hay now. Just ain't fair. :shock:

MikeC":1z6tv8be said:
ROB":1z6tv8be said:

ROB

Sure hate to hear of your delimma. I haven't had a measurable rain for going on 7 weeks.

was getting some good rain's there for awhile starting too get spooky again.

ROB":380rrm0a said:

ROB

Must be in the north central regions of Missouri? Hear in Lynn county there was report of 9 inch rain totals. That is just extreme. Watching the radar loop, that whole area was under red for about 8 hours it seemed.

bandit80":3k210q83 said:
Must be in the north central regions of Missouri? Hear in Lynn county there was report of 9 inch rain totals. That is just extreme. Watching the radar loop, that whole area was under red for about 8 hours it seemed.

thats where were at. Linn county. getting to work i had to stop at nearly every ditch crossing to clean debris off the road. luckily, the area i'm in is pretty hilly, most all of the water had receeded by the time i got off to work. the low-lying areas though are inundated.

ROB

MikeC":3130kkjk said:
ROB":3130kkjk said:

ROB

I just put out the last of my cow hay about a week ago. I put out the last of my horse rolls to the cows last weekend. :mad:

Yes, we maybe got a half inch to an inch last Wednesday, but haven't seen any more. I sure do need it. I got good grass right now, but that's subject to change. Or dry wind was back again today, too. It's gonna start burning around here pretty soon. I need to check and see if there is a burn ban yet. If there is, first bottle rocket my neighbor shoots off toward my place, I am calling the deputies. He just scares me to death with his dam fireworks.

got another two-inches early this morning. highway 36 was closed east & west bound lanes east of chillicothe, mo. the eastbound lane stayed high and dry in the 1993 & 1995 floods. levee protected bottomlands in our area have pretty much all been flooded out. with the wet spring we've had, a lot of the corn farmers who fertilized last fall - did it over again this spring - just in time to be flooded out. :(

ROB

We are finally getting some wide spread rain in decent amounts. Now if it will just continue to be more normal occurrences we might get some hay in this year. Usually what happens is we get some then it don't rain again for a month or so. Last couple years anyway.

flaboy":1cpv50ui said:
We are finally getting some wide spread rain in decent amounts. Now if it will just continue to be more normal occurrences we might get some hay in this year. Usually what happens is we get some then it don't rain again for a month or so. Last couple years anyway.

Yep, know the routine all to well. 1/2" in 42 days. Has been unusual not to get some rain during a given month so with 4 days left in June, maybe we are getting close.

Is rain that stuff that falls from the sky and is wet?

If so, haven't seen any measurable rain since March! Please share any/all that y'all can spare...

We got an inch of rain last night. From all the noise it made, you'd have thought we were getting flooded. Lots of sound and fury. I will take that inch, though. Beats nothing.

Latest posts