A little self-promotion here: I wrote a book!

Help Support CattleToday:

Congratulations on finishing one. I wrote a few short stories about dealing with my flock of Barbadoe sheep back many years ago when we had a sheep list.... I will order it. My library is getting sorta dated....

Finished the book and would definitely recommend it. All the "guessing" I did about the ghosts and all, were off... pleasantly surprised with the twists....
Book is big and long...I am accustomed to reading books fast and many.... this one took me a little more time. Easy to put down at the end of a chapter and then come back to also.
Clean reading, good twists to the plot.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Ladies and gentlemen, please forgive a modicum of hucksterism on my part, but I wanted to let you know that I wrote a book.

I am an avid reader, in all kinds of genres, and inevitably I have come across things that made me say to myself, "you know, I can write something better than that." So, with that in mind I began several years ago to write down a story or two that had been rattling around inside me for a while. One of them captured my attention and I spent a significant amount of spare time writing on it. My youngest son especially encouraged me to keep writing and I did. But I never really put the effort in to finish and get it published until last year, when the whole coronavirus shutdown happened and I was left at home with little to occupy my time. So I finished my book and submitted it to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. It was accepted, and before I knew it I had a book on Amazon. It has been a very gratifying experience.

Now, why would I mention this here? Because there are cows and cattle ranchers in the story, along with tractors, hay, feed stores, pickups and trailers and other things that several of us seem to enjoy. There is also mystery, romance, a ghost story, and a little spiritual commentary. Don't get me wrong; it is not a religious book by any means, but it is not something you would be embarrassed to have on your coffee table when the preacher or the ladies from your Sunday School class come over to visit.

It is entitled The Last Homecoming: A Texas Gothic Tale, and there have been several favorable reviews so far. It is available on Amazon.com for your Kindle reader or as a paperback. I invite you to take a look at it, and if you choose to read it, I sincerely hope you enjoy it!
Bought your book, finished it last night. Great reading. Only comment I have is the binding is not so great. some of the pages were falling out as I read, and I was sitting at my desk for a long time.. It was hard to put down... I sure wish Emmett could have hung around longer... I cried a few times and that is not easy... When is the sequel????

I am thankful that you enjoyed it! Sorry about the binding; not sure where or how that is done but it is a part of the Amazon Direct Publishing service.

And I am sorry about the demise of Emmett. But that was a part of the story, and a part of Sean's development. Well, at least in my way of thinking.

No plans for a sequel, although I will let you know that some of the characters will appear again in other stories about Penataka County.

I am thankful that you enjoyed it! Sorry about the binding; not sure where or how that is done but it is a part of the Amazon Direct Publishing service.

And I am sorry about the demise of Emmett. But that was a part of the story, and a part of Sean's development. Well, at least in my way of thinking.

No plans for a sequel, although I will let you know that some of the characters will appear again in other stories about Penataka County.
Very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it! No problems with the binding on mine.

Latest posts