A little humor for your day...

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmwife

Reaction score
We were at the calving barn discussing upcoming AI and my FIL said he had watched a show about the number of frozen embryos from humans that have been stored for 20+ years. It was a mind blowing number.

He then went on to ask "how stupid" a child from those "old embryos" would be in today's society "because they never grew up in the technology age", they'd have to "catch up".

I looked at him and had him repeat what he said, totally dumbfounded by what he just stated. Then went on to explain that no child born, has any technological skill set embedded in their DNA since the conception of our advanced technology.

To which he countered with "how come you can give a 2 year old an iPad and they can download and play games, I can't even run a computer?!"

I said, It's LEARNED behavior and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

He said, those embryos are old too!

I can't win. Ha. I'm still shaking my head. Pass the baton buddy, you're not choosing bulls.

It's amazing today how children ain't intimidated by the computer..put a old schooler in front of one and watch em sweat...preschool aka """kindergarten""" when I was a kid...consisted of finger painting,and tying your shoes...got us ready to take on the world :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":2dw3f8qo said:
It's amazing today how children ain't intimidated by the computer..put a old schooler in front of one and watch em sweat...preschool aka """kindergarten""" when I was a kid...consisted of finger painting,and tying your shoes...got us ready to take on the world :cowboy:

...and we all had a little blue and red folding mat for nap time. Do they still take naps in kindergarten?

Rafter S":3bfd85ca said:
ALACOWMAN":3bfd85ca said:

...and we all had a little blue and red folding mat for nap time. Do they still take naps in kindergarten?
Well they did in the 90s when my son was there... In fact the teacher called and was concerned because she couldn't wake him. She thought he had a problem..the only problem he had was, when his eyes closed that was it..he went out like a light.. He can sleep in a war zone..

NEFarmwife":2qzg3w9x said:
We were at the calving barn discussing upcoming AI and my FIL said xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't win. Ha. Pass the baton buddy, you're not choosing bulls.
Back to the house woman.... and now for the other sided of the story......
I've got a know it all DIL that wants to run the show after I built this place, thinks I have no say in my own property.
After all I've done for them! Give 'em the right to vote and the next thing ya know they think their opinion matters.
The whole world is going to h/ll in a hand basket. It would be sad if it wasn't so funny. :tiphat:

p.s.
She likes calves with Chrome!

ALACOWMAN":e25goig5 said:

I think it's because when we were growing up , we got our hands slapped a lot. ......DON'T TOUCH THAT LEVER OR BUTTON UNTIL YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT!!!! We didn't have harmless computers, only had equipment and tools that could actually hurt you. So naturally we're afraid to touch the wrong button on a computer. Our kids and grand kids just start punching buttons.

Son of Butch":yxzyj4c0 said:
NEFarmwife":yxzyj4c0 said:
We were at the calving barn discussing upcoming AI and my FIL said xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't win. Ha. Pass the baton buddy, you're not choosing bulls.
Back to the house woman.... and now for the other sided of the story......
I've got a know it all DIL that wants to run the show after I built this place, thinks I have no say in my own property.
After all I've done for them! Give 'em the right to vote and the next thing ya know they think their opinion matters.
The whole world is going to h/ll in a hand basket. It would be sad if it wasn't so funny. :tiphat:

p.s.
She likes calves with Chrome!

Nope, can't argue with a man who has built a herd as good as he has.

He is thinking like cow genetics. Always working to improve upon genetics and it's came a long way but he doesn't realize or didn't quite grasp that we don't. I suppose you can and it's been done but not like he's thinking. Some do eggs and pick their mate by donor. But we are just as dumb as we were years ago.

Latest posts