A little bit of rain..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
This is what our place looked like last week after having pretty much zero rain for over a month..
IMG_1143.jpg

Here is what it looks like now we have gotten about 15 mm so far this week and more is supposed to be on the way..
IMG_1202.jpg

The hay feild seeded 2 years ago
IMG_1205.jpg

The hay field just seeded and you can see it is coming up.
IMG_1204.jpg

My yard
IMG_1206.jpg

It is giving me a little hope..

Wow, big difference. Very pretty pics. We are just getting pounded with rain this weekend and the forecast looks the same for the rest of the week.

1982vett":gneg6prg said:
Looking good. Hope it keeps it up for you.

Still nothing working here.

1982, I'm thinking you and I ought to go investigate HD's greenery. She might be using that PhotoShop software to fool us. ;-) I haven't seen any vegetation that looked that good in a couple of months now.

BeefmasterB":znv8pvu9 said:
1982vett":znv8pvu9 said:
Looking good. Hope it keeps it up for you.

Still nothing working here.

1982, I'm thinking you and I ought to go investigate HD's greenery. She might be using that PhotoShop software to fool us. ;-) I haven't seen any vegetation that looked that good in a couple of months now.
Ha ha I am not smart enough to photoshop..Come on down but I must warn you that although I will be very hospitable I will also put you to work. I have a deck that needs building and my office needs to be move from the basement to the second story. And oodles more.. :lol2:

Thanks Jo, we live in a strange area; if you drive 5 miles N S W or E it is pretty flat. We get a better yield with the land but it can be tricky to work on and gives me the hivvies to drive on in a tractor, also it is not that great for holding moisture.

hillsdown":2wp1chog said:
We get a better yield with the land but it can be tricky to work on and gives me the hivvies to drive on in a tractor,

Is that because of the hills. I was going to ask this. With the hills, don't you actually end up working more actual acres than your plat may say you have?

Isn't water an interesting phenomenon? We have it here lately to, sure makes EVERYTHING look better.

Jogeephus":2tsmmrtw said:
hillsdown":2tsmmrtw said:
We get a better yield with the land but it can be tricky to work on and gives me the hivvies to drive on in a tractor,

Is that because of the hills. I was going to ask this. With the hills, don't you actually end up working more actual acres than your plat may say you have?

That is is what I have always been told..The neighbor seeded his barley field on Friday as he had nowhere to feed his cows so they were put on there anyways it is coming up already..

Latest posts