A late hurricane looks like it could be a mean one

Help Support CattleToday:

SIL lives in Melbourne, thank goodness she went to Orlando and is in a motel room, looks rough.

A couple of folks have called and said our restaurant in Boynton Beach, Fl was featured on the weather channel because of the flooding. The storm stayed to the east so that should of helped south FL. We'll know more in the morning.

msplmtneer":4x1tzsjv said:
Where my house is they are predicting 100 mph winds starting about 4 or 5 Friday morning so when I get to go home I hope I have a home to go to.Bigfoot the parks are closed but the hotels should be alright.
Pray for me and my family that that we will have a home to go back to.

Prayers sent, stay safe.

I don't see it as media drama, no one knew the exact path it was going to take. It certainly had the capacity to be a catastrophe with just a very small shift to the west. People in New Orleans learned the hard way what can happen if you just assume the media is being over dramatic.

The eye 50 miles offshore as opposed to the eye penetrating shore can make a LOT of difference, especially on the East side of a North moving tropical storm. If the storm is 100 miles across, and eye is 50 miles offshore, that means the 'dirty' side where the strongest winds are, is even farther away from land and people.
wind_add.jpg

Charley made landfall --this one hasn't actually made landfall and may not. Landfall is defined as "the storm eye crosses land/sea boundary".
If the following holds true, you Ga folks may see some significant rainfall yet.

Figure 5. Projected 3-day rainfall totals from 8:00 pm EDT Thursday, October 6, to 8:00 pm Sunday, October 9. Image credit: NOAA/NWS Weather Prediction Center.
wpc-3day-0Z-10.7.16.jpg

I think its going to get interesting only it will be next weekend before it does. I think the high in the interior of the US is going to push Matthew out and its going to chase a small depression in the Atlantic. I think it will hover around in the ocean next week then the big low that is in Colorado now will work its way east and when it gets to us next weekend it will act as a magnet and draw Matthew to the coast and it will hammer the Carolinas northward.

I put this prediction alongside my hay weather predictions. :lol2:

TennesseeTuxedo":262ox9c8 said:
I don't know Gary, I just saw a tree with a pretty severely broken limb on CNBC.

that branch and the 2'' of water in the clogged storm drain have been seen more times already than the moon landing :wave:

M.Magis":2hl7n7ky said:
I don't see it as media drama, no one knew the exact path it was going to take. It certainly had the capacity to be a catastrophe with just a very small shift to the west. People in New Orleans learned the hard way what can happen if you just assume the media is being over dramatic.

People in N.O. also had an idiot mayor who keep 1,000 school buses parked that should have been shuttling people to safety.

Jogeephus":xcs1wi24 said:
I think its going to get interesting only it will be next weekend before it does. I think the high in the interior of the US is going to push Matthew out and its going to chase a small depression in the Atlantic. I think it will hover around in the ocean next week then the big low that is in Colorado now will work its way east and when it gets to us next weekend it will act as a magnet and draw Matthew to the coast and it will hammer the Carolinas northward.

I put this prediction alongside my hay weather predictions. :lol2:

no, Nicole and the Fujiwhara effect will have more input than a low.

Well I came home yesterday minor roof damage, power came back on at 4:00 pm not sure when it went off.
I don't like leaving during a hurricane but when they say mandatory I leave there are only two bridges to where I live and when the wind hits 40 mph nobody crosses them, EMS, Fire or Police.
I don't like to leave but if a storm is going to rip your roof off there is not one thing you can do about it.

Brute 23":1baw8epy said:
I was trying to get prices on renting a 350KW generator last week. There were companies actually bringing up the hurricane. Wouldn't you know they were all higher on their rental.

350000 watts....seriously.. I got by for 3 weeks with 6500 watts

dieselbeef":1ddwffnh said:
Brute 23":1ddwffnh said:
I was trying to get prices on renting a 350KW generator last week. There were companies actually bringing up the hurricane. Wouldn't you know they were all higher on their rental.

350000 watts....seriously.. I got by for 3 weeks with 6500 watts

I rented the generator for a big pump at work in South Texas. A couple rental companies tried to give me the... "I don't know if we are going to have one. Most of the generators are headed for Florida. If I can it's probably going to be more expensive than usual..."

Latest posts