A Land Remembered by Patrick D. Smith

Help Support CattleToday:

Shantilly

Reaction score
I just finished reading this book and I am really reeling about all that happened to the McIvey family. It is definitely an amazing book .. and has helped me understand a lot about how life has changed so much in the name of greed. It sickened me what Sol had started out doing and in the end when he realized what he had done and was ashamed, really didn't make me feel bad for him. Toby warned him and he didn't listen. This story will definitely help with my character and I can use the history of it all and hopefully can portray him properly. We will see how I do.. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it :cboy:

Some of my kin are wrote about in that book. Yes I thought it was a fine read. Wish I lived in Fort Pierce, FL back then.

Yes I knew that. My kin were the ranchers from Fort Pierce, FL. that were mentioned in the book.

i never knew Miami was called Fort Dallas back in the early 1800's and I grew up there.the book began and ended the year i was born which was pretty cool imho..as far as the people IN the story and what they went through..fiction or not... it was plausible... which is another reason i enjoyed it more... :)

Latest posts