A John Kerry Fan?

Help Support CattleToday:

arrowhunter

Reaction score
Hey it'sjust a joke!

A teacher in a small Vermont town asks her class how many of them are John Kerry fans. Not really knowing what a John Kerry fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except one boy. The teacher asks Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Johnny says, "I'm not a John Kerry fan."

The teacher says, "Why aren't you a John Kerry fan?"

Johnny says, "I'm a George Bush fan."

The teacher asks why he's a George Bush fan. The boy says, "Well, my mom's a George Bush fan and my dad's a George Bush fan, so I'm a George Bush fan!"

The teacher is kind of angry, because this is Vermont, so she asks, "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?"

Johnny says, "That would make me a John Kerry fan."

That's actually pretty funny. It amazes me how defensive some of the people on this site get about their politics. It's too bad they can't just have a nice friendly little debate without all the name calling etc. In Canada, we don't have set election times. The governing party calls the election when they think it is advantageous. We don't have primaries, the leaders are elected by the party members. We have four parties(It was five). The Conservatives (similar to Republicans), the Liberals (similar to Democrats), the New Democrats (Far left Wing), and the Bloc Quebecois (a party that is totally in the province of Quebec and whose main agenda is to separate Quebec from the rest of Canada). Coincidentally, the last four Prime Ministers that we have had are from Quebec. The current Prime Minister was handed the job by the last Prime Minister so he hasn't been elected by anybody. In the west, we have a small population compared to Ontario and Quebec, so we have hardly any say in the government. We have a senate whose members are appointed by the ruling party. The last Prime Minister we had served over ten years before he quit, because we have no two term limit. Right now there is a scandal going on that makes Watergate pale by comparison. But the new Liberal Prime Minister is blaming it on the old Liberal Prime Minister and the people out east will vote the Liberals in again because they are gullible and stupid. And you thought American politics was interesting.

Right is right

You're right about people getting defensive about politics. Sometimes we go overboard when we should be thankful that we live in a nation where different opinions are accepted. That doesn't mean that the Kerry folks are right, just that they have a right to express their ill formed opinions.

all i have against Kerry is that he is a liar, protested against the Vietnam war right alongside Jane
Fonda, and doesn't have a platform. I'm not saying Bush is perfect, but he does have morals, when terrorists brought their war to our country he took it back to them, and he has given our military men and women the dignity they deserve, and they are well respected finally all over the free world. the terrorist are now running and living like a pack of rats thanks to our soldiers, and their Commander in Chief

I voted for Mr. Bush, but I think it is time that he go. The world views the US as a bully and Mr. Bush has become a polorizer (for us or againest us) attitude. Even the EU is drawing up a constitution to create a ecomonic and military power to defend it self against the US and others.

He has not done anything to help the people at home to earn a living by creating jobs. The tricikle down method has not worked nor is it working today and it never will. The Big Corporations are the benefictors at the peoples expense. I read in yesterdays paper that more people are losing their houses for lack of jobs than any time in history. Remember the "its the ecomony stupid". The ecomony is not messured by the amount of money the big corporations are making nor the stocke market results. It is measured by the quality of life the masses of people of a country enjoy. That quality of life in this country is disappering fast. I am not a Kerry fan either, but we need a change, badly and I think he is the only electable candidate that can beat Mr. Bush.

I just read a posting on this board that brought tears to my eyes. The one about the ER doctor that works with the Vets of the US. Does anyone think those Veterans endured the hardship and pain to protect our rights just so this adminsitration can take away and destroy our rights and opportunities as citzens. Don't be so eager to relinquish your US born and protected rights and opportunities, protect them as our forefathers did. That is why the revoltutioary war was fought in the first place, over indivual rights and opportunities for ALL Americans.

I'm tired of politics already, & it's not even around election time. Plus I'm only 15. I think John Kerry is a fairy & Bush kisses tush. No not really just wanted ryhme. They both have some good qualities. But I like Bush. He is right 80% of the time.
Ellie May
Oh by the way good joke!

Thanks Ellie May, I only posted this for a laugh or too, didn't really want to do the "debate" thing. Some real good posts tho!

It amazes me at the people who forget or seem to ignore the fact that a President doesn't make law - Congress actually sets the budget. If the VA is to get more money, the President can't write them a check. The President also actually has nothing to do with the economy - think about it. If Kerry can solve all the problems of the country, then why hasn't he done something in the 20+ years he has been in Congress?

Latest posts