A Great Government Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Preface:
With all the negative talk about government, here is something positive for everyone to enjoy. I am referring to the Kentucky CAIP program. Commonly referred to as Cost Share. It has been a lucrative program for farmers in our state. I have received benefits in 6 of the last 8 years. Today, I completed my 2017 project. The CAIP will pay $3,500 on my fencing project. I feel ashamed to accept a government handout but being a retired federal employee, it is probably much easier on me than it would be on many of the independent, patriots who occupy this board.

Now for some pictures.

107tjqc.jpg

af7cpl.jpg

3325h1f.jpg

35a7hog.jpg

2zteqab.jpg

Did the taxpayers foot the bill for the dogs? Any time some gets something for nothing we lose as a country. Everything looks good Ronnie, keep it up and before long my great grandkids will be in debt.

True Grit Farms":t3s24n9t said:
Did the taxpayers foot the bill for the dogs? Any time some gets something for nothing we lose as a country. Everything looks good Ronnie, keep it up and before long my great grandkids will be in debt.

CAIP is funded from Kentucky's portion of the tobacco settlement. But it is still a government program. I have drawn $25,000 on it in the last 8 years.

zirlottkim":3n6m5zwf said:
True Grit Farms":3n6m5zwf said:
http://www.usdebtclock.org/ They already are.

That calculator makes me queasy.

I know that there are variations in these programs from state to state. Having said that, I recently retired after nearly 23 years of being very heavily involved with a similar program here in Washington State. My educated guess is that the government spent a lot more than the $3,500 you will receive to administer and implement your project. For the individual landowners some of them are great. Others it actually cost the landowner more than if they had just done the project on their own. I have witnessed some huge wastes in time and dollars. Even on the good project someone is paying for the administration cost. And that someone is the taxpayers. I knew how to play the game and got lots of dollars for my landowners. I tried to just fund worthwhile projects but not all turned out that way. I ended up with some landowners who asked me for money every time I saw them. It didn't matter what the money was for they just wanted free money.

A great government program? After my experience I have my doubts. Some serious doubts.

Dave":39cmrn91 said:
I know that there are variations in these programs from state to state. Having said that, I recently retired after nearly 23 years of being very heavily involved with a similar program here in Washington State. My educated guess is that the government spent a lot more than the $3,500 you will receive to administer and implement your project. For the individual landowners some of them are great. Others it actually cost the landowner more than if they had just done the project on their own. I have witnessed some huge wastes in time and dollars. Even on the good project someone is paying for the administration cost. And that someone is the taxpayers. I knew how to play the game and got lots of dollars for my landowners. I tried to just fund worthwhile projects but not all turned out that way. I ended up with some landowners who asked me for money every time I saw them. It didn't matter what the money was for they just wanted free money.

A great government program? After my experience I have my doubts. Some serious doubts.

This program is part of the County agents job. There is a board that volunteers to do the selection and approval. It will be inspected Thursday before I submit my receipts. Candidly, I participate because most farmers do. The process is very simple.

Bright Raven":ad0zydq3 said:
True Grit Farms":ad0zydq3 said:

CAIP is funded from Kentucky's portion of the tobacco settlement. But it is still a government program. I have drawn $25,000 on it in the last 8 years.
While you are enjoying your costshare, Think of the poor souls addicted to nicotine that puffed cigarettes their entire lives and then the miserable death they endured. Just to make it possible for big tobacco to pay for "the settlement" and for you to enjoy your share.

True Grit Farms":3rxc6m80 said:
zirlottkim":3rxc6m80 said:
True Grit Farms":3rxc6m80 said:
http://www.usdebtclock.org/ They already are.

That calculator makes me queasy.
Unfunded Liability per taxpayer: $886,272.00

zirlottkim":3000rp77 said:
Bright Raven":3000rp77 said:
True Grit Farms":3000rp77 said:

While you are enjoying your costshare, Think of the poor souls addicted to nicotine that puffed cigarettes their entire lives and then the miserable death they endured. Just to make it possible for big tobacco to pay for "the settlement" and for you to enjoy your share.

I do. I was raised on a tobacco farm. Oddly, none of my family use tobacco products. It is a choice but I understand your meaning.

It didn't matter what the money was for they just wanted free money.

Ah cain't beleive...
Yes, there are certain demographics that will always hold their hand out for and gladly snatch up anything that comes along.

wouldn't need these programs if .gov had not of gotten out of hand to begin with. and people had enough pride and self respect to turn down what they didn't rightfully work for. The people that got sick did it to themselves and the tobacco company did not make them smoke.

M-5":30l2elqm said:
wouldn't need these programs if .gov had not of gotten out of hand to begin with. and people had enough pride and self respect to turn down what they didn't rightfully work for. The people that got sick did it to themselves and the tobacco company did not make them smoke.

:nod: In another thread we were discussing liability and here we can go again. Thanks to the lawyers that are making the laws.

M-5":190nwup1 said:

That does not set right with me either but the courts ruled otherwise.

True Grit Farms":g4rl8uzu said:
M-5":g4rl8uzu said:

:nod: In another thread we were discussing liability and here we can go again. Thanks to the lawyers that are making the laws.
10-4 on both comments. Just for the record, I have never received anything from the "cost share program"and never intend to.

Dave":2jsm3i1i said:

I have been here for 18 years doing this kind of stuff...

I agree with Dave.....We try to do some good work but the government types have sure made it difficult over the years....
and the government types have driven up the costs on all these projects....both thru announced policies and the level of over engineering and liability concerns.... :deadhorse:

and they way they can announce a lot of money available and then chop it up into little pots with every level of government taking a out a little dab for administration or technical assistance.

figures don't lie....but liars sure figure

Bright Raven":3sdchf8e said:
M-5":3sdchf8e said:

That does not set right with me either but the courts ruled otherwise.

LOL , It doesn't set right but your hand is out ...................

Latest posts