A great day for a slow drive...

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
It's about 70 degrees, mostly cloudy with a very gentle breeze.

I'm driving the old Farmall 656 about 8 miles to the shop to see if they can figure out something weird with my top two gears.

So, I've been petting along in 3rd gear. Just ran out of gas and am waiting on my best friend (wife) to bring me some more gas.

It's a beautiful day.

Birds chirping. Neighborhood calves jumping. Turkeys strutting. Young fawns running around.

Today is a good day.

I've gone on a few outings where a group just drove antique tractors on a road trip. Lots of fun.

images

M-5":dxxtpex5 said:
Why would you not check the gas before you left home ?

Because I didn't start at home, but a farm we had leased. I forgot to take the can with me, and after I realized my possible problem, I called my wife and asked her to meet me along my drive. The tractor ran out about five minutes before she arrived. Easy deal.

WalnutCrest":1seatbtk said:
M-5":1seatbtk said:

Because I didn't start at home, but a farm we had leased. I forgot to take the can with me, and after I realized my possible problem, I called my wife and asked her to meet me along my drive. The tractor ran out about five minutes before she arrived. Easy deal.

AHH, Well That's understandable, I guess I had it ingrained in me as a child to always check fuel, Oil (engine&Hyd) and water before ever getting on a tractor. Getting my boys to under stand this has been a learning curve. Ive started putting the key on the dip stick on occasion . and the Key has a cow tag on it the says Oil water and fuel

I have the John Deere MT that belonged to my great-grandfather. My father had it restored and running about 15 years ago, but it's sat in the shed since then. Someday when I have more money and time than I have now I'm going to be taking some slow drives with it.

M-5":25k1vtms said:
WalnutCrest":25k1vtms said:
M-5":25k1vtms said:

AHH, Well That's understandable, I guess I had it ingrained in me as a child to always check fuel, Oil (engine&Hyd) and water before ever getting on a tractor. Getting my boys to under stand this has been a learning curve. Ive started putting the key on the dip stick on occasion . and the Key has a cow tag on it the says Oil water and fuel

Yup ... I knew where the problem would be before starting my little journey.

Now here's to hoping the repair bill is small, the repair happens quickly, and the tractor sells well.

Latest posts