A Good Thing About January

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
How was Yours?

Ummm? the only good thing I can come up with is. IT'S OVER :banana: :banana:

:welcome: February

That is funny mnmt. When I saw the post title I thought, "Huh ~ something is good about January? I need to know what it is." :roll:
You are right ~ is good that it is over.
And already I notice the days getting longer.

well all i can say is feb is starting off cold.but hey we are 1 month closer to spring.

Never did mind January too much. Usually the ground is frozen and you can feed about anywhere.We don't get snows here that can't be dealt with in a few days and it usually isn't bitter cold too long.

Your right mnmt....thank goodness it's over. :D One good thing about it though is we "cold weather" folks can get our planning and scheming for the next year done. I was actually wondering when you folks in the South do your planning and scheming? You know, building plans, fencing plans gardens etc.

most of us just keep our projects going tear around.fence building is done when the mood hitts.

mnmtranching":6syqa2fm said:
How was Yours?

Ummm? the only good thing I can come up with is. IT'S OVER :banana: :banana:

:welcome: February

Mine was great! I have 10 new kids, and they are all doing great - despite the cold temps and the infernal wind. :D

Jan here was up and down. Had temps anywhere from 55 down to below zero with wind chills way below zero. Not a lot of snow, though. Did get about 8 inches thurs nite and fri morning so that covered both Jan and Feb.

Jan is usually the coldest month and Feb usually the snowiest around here. We'll see. As someone said, each day is that much closer to spring.

One good thing about January being over is that in February, it's time to plant potatoes! :lol:

Plant potatoes 8) In Feb 8) The reason we up Nort need Jan to plan things like fencing is cause the ground is frozen solid most of the year.

Must be the age creeping in but, seems like the past Jan. Has been longer, COLDER and darker then most years. :help: Feb is already better, got up to +20 yesterday. :banana:

MistyMorning":34j81gzd said:
Your right mnmt....thank goodness it's over. :D One good thing about it though is we "cold weather" folks can get our planning and scheming for the next year done. I was actually wondering when you folks in the South do your planning and scheming? You know, building plans, fencing plans gardens etc.
It's Feb 2 and it was around 50F today. Spent the day working on fences and cutting down some limbs around the fence that hang down to far to drive the tractor under.

MikeC":2ybv92ek said:
One good thing about January being over is that in February, it's time to plant potatoes! :lol:

Is this the kind of thing you folks from the South like to throw at us just to see if you can drive us over the edge? :shock: Did get a spade out today though.....used it to whack at some snow chunks that were like concrete. :roll:

john250":2klmcdcw said:
MikeC":2klmcdcw said:
Aren't you supposed to plant potatos on good friday? Maybe that's an Indiana thing.
My father-in-law always insisted potatoes had to be planted on St. Patrick's Day. I've seen him move snow to get them in the ground! :roll:

Latest posts