A Good Report

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
I had sold a Reg. SimAngus Bull to a man a few years back less than I wanted too but I needed the space, anyway he was really happy with the bull and he weighed 2100 lbs. when he sold him and he called me for another one. Told him I didn't have anymore simangus at the time, only had a Reg. Black Simmental at breeding age and even then he was a bit young. Also told him I wouldn't be able to let this one go as cheap as the first one, well anyway he went ahead and came and bought him. Well, today my dad had talked to my brother and my brother had told dad that this guy had been trying to reach us all day but couldn't get us and ended up calling him. The man had told my brother the calves were on the ground and that he thought they were the best calves he's ever had and for whatever we were doing to keep doing it because he'll need another one day. Really thought that was awful nice of him to take the time to get a hold of us to give us a compliment. Hopefully, we can keep raising some good ones, a lot of times it can be trial and error. Anyway I would just like to encourage everyone to let the breeder know when they have sold them a good one and not just when there is a problem. I'm guilty as well of not doing so. Now I'll be sure to do so, the next time I'll buy a good one.

It is always good to hear from your customers on how happy they are with your stock! Good job on keeping the simmi breed on top!

I have always called the folks I buy bulls or heifers from and talk to them about their stock. Even the guy I got my bull from. I always tell him how gentle he is.

Inyati13, I'm glad you do and please keep doing so. It really is easy to over look doing so especially when the livestock that you purchase are doing well with all the busy things in life such as work, family etc... Also ph#'s have a way of disappearing around here, lol when you want them, go figure. But we do usually run into the breeders we have purchased from some times or another and do give them a report then. Anyway we'll try and do better.

Good point FlyingLSimm.
We bought a bred Preferred Beef heifer from Sanders sale several years ago. Paid $1200. She was short bred, so we sat on her and she calved out a nice heifer calf sired by Club King. We put an embryo in the cow the second year, and got a good bull (Triple C Invasion x Blackfoot cow), and she did not keep her embryo the third year so we ran her with a 10 month old bull we had (she was not halter broke, so harder to work with for us). We decided to sell her in our state spring sale this spring since we had too many cows and needed to support our sale. We consigned her, heavy bred (she was due just a week after the sale), her two year old Club King heifer calf that had a really nice Grandmaster bull calf on her side (30 days old), and her embryo bull she raised. For that one investment of $1200, and a few years of feed and vet work, we grossed $8000. We were quite pleased, and when we saw the crew from Sanders Ranch, we made sure we told them how pleased we were with our purchase and how well she did for us.
As breeders, we like to hear the good!

Latest posts