A Good Day!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Last week we picked up over an inch of rain in all... :)

Then on Sat we branded one pasture of calves- and that night we got 1/2 an inch of rain...Next day (Sun) we branded at the home place- corrals were a little soft, but everything went good...Later that night another storm came in and rained another .65 inch- so we were glad we got that done when we did.. :)

Today--we were able to plow mud and get into the corrals where the registered heifers I had AIed were- so we hauled them and a couple little bulls for cleanup out to grass....
As I was closing the gate on the last trip about 3PM- the lightning was popping and the rain was starting to fall- so we beat feet out of the there fast...Storm dumped another 1/2 of an inch-- which makes 1.65 that we've got at the north place since Saturday night.... :)

Almost 3 inchs in the last week and 1/2 :) :D :D :)

Green is a pretty color :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

Oldtimer":18bx0ihs said:
Almost 3 inchs in the last week and 1/2 :) :D :D :)

Green is a pretty color :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
Did you get tired of all the white? :lol: You're lucky, we cant get enough time to make hay according to the weatherman, and of course he's always wrong. No hay down = no rain. we still have like another 150 acres of first cutting to go and no rain to get the other hay ready for 2nd cutting.

so glad your getting those good soaking rains out your way.may your grass green up an grow fast.

1982vett":1b4ix6db said:
Our green is turning to desert brown, fast. Mid 90's with 10-20 sse winds.

Yup. :( Maybe we'll get some rain this weekend?

Walt

Haven't had a good day in a couple of weeks. Lack of rain is hurting us pretty bad. Had some woods catch on fire today. Forestry folks said it was started by lightning. Don't remember any lightning. Surely don't remember any rain. Could I interest you in coming over and doing a little work at my place? Maybe then I could get some rain too. ;-)

By the Good Lord's grace we have had ample rain this spring.

Not like last year, when we started hauling water in May.

Hopefully it will continue on, as I don't think I could last another year of feeding for 10 months.

Latest posts