A Good Burger......

Help Support CattleToday:

come on guys be nice.yall are making me hungry for a big berger an i cant eat 1 right now.

1982vett":ecjgh3pv said:
:lol: Good explanation as any when you let them burn up. :lol:

We learned it from them dam cajuns in Louisiana.....quite a few years ago someone came up with the idea of just going ahead and serving up the burned stuff and calling it "blackened". All the "tourists" fell for it hook, line and sinker and now you can find blackened catfish just about anywhere. Not to mention every other chunk of meat that is actually BURNED. :lol2: :lol2: Was really good for the sales of Louisiana Hot Sause as well. :cowboy:

bigbull338":woaolde3 said:
come on guys be nice.yall are making me hungry for a big berger an i cant eat 1 right now.

Not to rub it in or anything, but smack-smack-chew-chew-yum-yum, we're grilling some more this weekend!

I'll eat a couple for you my friend... :tiphat:

?? Burnt ?? just fired some up tonight on the BBQ. Patties are about 1/2 inch thick (raw), seasoned with black pepper and salt. Smoked for a few minutes, cook at 300 until done (I like mid well). Tonight I put thin slices of "real" ham (not deli) on top then a slice of American cheese. Toasted bun with lettuce, sweet onion, Ketchup, and mayo. Not burnt but juicy... oh yea.

Why eat charcoal? have a juicy, soggy burger!

Alan

grannysoo":2qhf453e said:
bigbull338":2qhf453e said:

Not to rub it in or anything, but smack-smack-chew-chew-yum-yum, we're grilling some more this weekend!

I'll eat a couple for you my friend... :tiphat:
yes eat 2 or 3 bergers for me.im so ready for a big berger.but itll be 3 more weeks before i can try 1.

Going to a buddies tonite to eat them good Black Angus Burgers he is supplying the beer and condiments and I am supplying the burger
Burgers med rare,jalepenos, thick sliced bacon, a little tabasco, good thick slice of sweet purple onion and some fresh wisconsin swiss and cheddar that just came from the cheese factory on thursday
MMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we sell burger most people want lean, 90%. So I end up with lean burger for personnel use often. :frowns:
This year a guy wanted the good fat added to his burger :D at least 20% fat. OK we did the whole critter with burger 80%. It was a fed BA heifer 14 months old and is as good a steaks as it gets. Any way these burgers grilled are out of this world. They catch fire, I guess most of the fat is cooked out anyway but the flavor is there. I think lean burger is good for indoor type recipes, but for the grill :cowboy: I'm going to need them to catch fire from now on. :D :D

Our customers want lean too. Here's how I grill 'em.
We use some stuff called Southern Flavor that's made down here, but it's like a gunpowder seasoning and salt and pepper work fine too - good beef is the only real essential. The trick is poking your fingers into the raw patties to make some indentations then giving them a coating of olive oil, but not so much it drips and flares. Have the grill hot enough to sear them quick on each side and do not press down on the dang things for goodness sakes!

mnmtranching":b3jdazw5 said:
When we sell burger most people want lean, 90%. So I end up with lean burger for personnel use often. :frowns:
This year a guy wanted the good fat added to his burger :D at least 20% fat. OK we did the whole critter with burger 80%. It was a fed BA heifer 14 months old and is as good a steaks as it gets. Any way these burgers grilled are out of this world. They catch fire, I guess most of the fat is cooked out anyway but the flavor is there. I think lean burger is good for indoor type recipes, but for the grill :cowboy: I'm going to need them to catch fire from now on. :D :D
Preach on!!! :clap: :clap: For hamburgers I like enough fat in them that you have to watch em to make sure they don't catch fire.

MO_cows":1g3smx9g said:
If they flare up you just douse them with beer..........

Yeah, I tend the burgers with one hand, the other is for tipping beer. :clap:

Latest posts