a 'fun' thing? Can you survive a nuclear event?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

It is called Ground Zero II. You can select an area and the type of nuclear weapon. It will then show you the Thermal, Pressure and Fallout results of that type of strike in your area.
Of course it does not take into account the weather, terrain and various other factors, but it does take into account prevailing wind.
Type in the largest/nearest "probable target" city to you, then Choose which weapon by sliding the little bar above "weapon selector".
Click "nuke it". Wait for it.
After clicking "nuke it" you can then change which effects you are seeing--thermal--fallout--or pressure.

I'm located at the red dot just nw of Cleveland, using the biggest weapon known--the csar bomb.

thermal.jpg

I should survive all 3 nuclear effects.

I kinda miss having communism as an enemy. No joke. I felt less threatened than by terrorist.

It doesn't account for dirty bombs and the like. Dirty bombs are the biggest scare right now from the terrorist front. In case you don't know, they place highly radioactive materials at a busy location such as a mall and everyone who passes by picks up large doses of radiation from the background. No noise, no nothing.

backhoeboogie":1i461lsj said:
It doesn't account for dirty bombs and the like. Dirty bombs are the biggest scare right now from the terrorist front. In case you don't know, they place highly radioactive materials at a busy location such as a mall and everyone who passes by picks up large doses of radiation from the background. No noise, no nothing.

Not that you would expect honor from a terrorist, but they don't fight like men do they?

Why would you want to survive? Fast obliteration beats a slow death

I'm sitting in the flight zone of a base that stores nukes so I'll be vaporized. I really think they should reduce my land taxes due to this location issue. Heck, they wouldn't even allow me a cell phone tower because of this. I need a check I think.

greybeard":2nd59p5f said:
http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

It is called Ground Zero II. You can select an area and the type of nuclear weapon. It will then show you the Thermal, Pressure and Fallout results of that type of strike in your area.
Of course it does not take into account the weather, terrain and various other factors, but it does take into account prevailing wind.
Type in the largest/nearest "probable target" city to you, then Choose which weapon by sliding the little bar above "weapon selector".
Click "nuke it". Wait for it.
After clicking "nuke it" you can then change which effects you are seeing--thermal--fallout--or pressure.

I'm located at the red dot just nw of Cleveland, using the biggest weapon known--the csar bomb.

thermal.jpg

I should survive all 3 nuclear effects.

That was interesting. I think you are in far greater danger from Washington DC than a nuke.

Bigfoot":ahtemzvz said:
I kinda miss having communism as an enemy. No joke. I felt less threatened than by terrorist.
Yep, at least with Khrushchev we ALWAYS knew where we stood with 'em (and they with us)

Latest posts