A few spring calves

Help Support CattleToday:

WinterSpringsFarm

Reaction score
Here are a few spring calves we are pretty happy with. We started out heavy on the bulls, but it evened out as calving continued. We finished up last Wednesday with a bull calf from out Insight donor cow.

This is a 20-20 x Insight percentage simmy ET calf. He was powerful when he was born and seems to be continuing down that path. We hope to make a show bull out of him, but will see how he develops. His dam is a donor cow for us that comes from the PVF Proven Queen cow family.

This is a full sister to the bull calf above, she was born early and a bit smaller than her brother, but is really growing now. We will continue to watch her closely and see how she develops. There is one more bull calf full sib to these, and he is stout just like the black bull calf.

This is a January HPF Tradecraft x Steel Force 3/4 sim that has been a stout standout from day one. We are hoping to show him this fall. His dam will be going to the donor pen after her next calf I believe.

Probably my favorite calf of the year here. She is an LCA Haggard (Detour son) x Kargo. She is a PB Red Angus and we are pretty excited about her.

We feel this guy is a dang good bull calf, but probably not cool fronted enough to show, but correct and thick. He is a Pelton Wideload x Bingo PB Red Angus. I believe he could make a good herd bull for someone in a couple years. But time will tell.

Lastly, this bull calf is super cool and has tons of power. His dam will likely be a donor cow for us if she continues. He is an LCA Haggard x Bingo PB Red Angus.

So far we have been super happy with all the calves this year, but these are just a few that we think stand out. I have thick skin and am pretty critical of my own cattle so feel free to comment with constructive criticism if you like.

Like your Kargo x Haggard heifer and your 20-20 heifer. ET program is working great for you. I am much pickier with bulls but I'd say overall they are coming along nicely.

TwoByrdsMG said:
Like your Kargo x Haggard heifer and your 20-20 heifer. ET program is working great for you. I am much pickier with bulls but I'd say overall they are coming along nicely.

Thanks for looking and the compliments. I'm a heifer guy myself and that's what I breed for. Just felt these bulls deserved a chance to grow out a bit. The others got bands. Lol