A few pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
Was checking on some spring calvers today and these girls allowed they would pose:

DSC00818.JPG

Simmental

DSC00819.JPG

Her daughter. Sim/Angus Heifer

DSC00825.JPG

Sim/Angus

DSC00816.JPG

Her daughter. 1/4 sim 3/4 angus Heifer

fitz

Thank you both. Yes, that group is still on decent pasture. We had a freeze last week and they are hitting the fescue pretty good now. The Bull with them will go to the fall calvers the 1st of the month. The cows will move to another pasture until around Christmas. Then to hay.

fitz

pricefarm":1l18gkjt said:
Good looking cattle. Did u get any snow where your at last Saturday ? We got about a inch or so.

I read where you guys were getting snow. No, we had .60 rain Fri. night into Sat. with a lot of wind.

fitz

fitz":3747ta1c said:
pricefarm":3747ta1c said:
Good looking cattle. Did u get any snow where your at last Saturday ? We got about a inch or so.

I read where you guys were getting snow. No, we had .60 rain Fri. night into Sat. with a lot of wind.

fitz

What county do you live in?

pricefarm":1qacnerc said:
fitz":1qacnerc said:
pricefarm":1qacnerc said:

fitz

What county do you live in?

Franklin. Just barely.

fitz, that blaze face cow is the prototype of what I want my herd to look like. I will come and get her if you will sell her. :D

All nice. After my visit to Fire Sweep Simmental Ranch, I returned home and looked at my cows. I got improvements to make in my herd but one thing I am sure of: I love the Simangus. I am never sure of photos but your cows look about the same size as FSSR.

BTW: I know Kris gives me crap for "breeding down". I am producing some quarter bloods as a result of breeding half bloods with angus semen. I have been doing that because I wanted my heifers to get past that first calf. I actually like that quarter blood combination!

inyati13":2ko6wr0m said:
fitz, that blaze face cow is the prototype of what I want my herd to look like. I will come and get her if you will sell her. :D

All nice. After my visit to Fire Sweep Simmental Ranch, I returned home and looked at my cows. I got improvements to make in my herd but one thing I am sure of: I love the Simangus. I am never sure of photos but your cows look about the same size as FSSR.

BTW: I know Kris gives me crap for "breeding down". I am producing some quarter bloods as a result of breeding half bloods with angus semen. I have been doing that because I wanted my heifers to get past that first calf. I actually like that quarter blood combination!

Thanks. Both of you folks have some great looking cattle.
That white face sim is the last registered cow left here. I do use registered Bulls but my cows are, with a very few exceptions at this point, commercials that I've raised here. With that in mind I'm not overly concerned with percentages but I don't want to get too far away from the Simmental breed. That's my reason for going with composite bulls on the last two brought in.
Right or wrong the size and look I should get with 1/4 bred heifer shown is pretty close to where I'm trying to go during my swan song era.

fitz

fitz":2q5fecxk said:
inyati13":2q5fecxk said:

Thanks. Both of you folks have some great looking cattle.
That white face sim is the last registered cow left here. I do use registered Bulls but my cows are, with a very few exceptions at this point, commercials that I've raised here. With that in mind I'm not overly concerned with percentages but I don't want to get too far away from the Simmental breed. That's my reason for going with composite bulls on the last two brought in.
Right or wrong the size and look I should get with 1/4 bred heifer shown is pretty close to where I'm trying to go during my swan song era.

fitz

Don't talk like that. :D
That quarter blood looks like a twin to the heifer (Margo, she is a half blood) I bought from Kris. You and I are on parallel courses. :cboy:

These could be our cows, look just like what we've worked for. So of course, i likey...nice cows.

Latest posts