A few pics to share

Help Support CattleToday:

Julian

Reaction score
Thought I woul d share a few pictures of our cattle, etc.

Thought this is a good view of the type of heads we prefer on our Red Angus cattle.
Pictures is our herdsire Steadfast Boaz T71 and his dam.
BoazLana.jpg

These are a couple of pictures of one of our recent customers going through some of our cattle>
IMG_0755.jpg

RKIke.jpg

A recent set of twins. Both 60# and were chasing the chickens before 24 hours old.
IMG_0724.jpg

Two calves we are watching for future herdsires. Weaned both recently. One is linebred and one is inbred. Can you tell which is which?
W92andDakota.jpg

Lazd.jpg

This is herdsire we own with John C. Oswald & Sons of Hutchinson, KS.
BoazT710361-1.jpg

This is a herdsire we own with Sandbur Ridge Red Angus of Petersburg, Nebraska.
Ike3-7-10a.jpg

Two calves born recently at Brinie Red Angus in Broken Bow, Nebraska sired by our bull Steadfast Boaz T71. I'm sure there will be more pics of these two as they get older!
BoazxLinebred6807xShoshonePride.jpg

BoazxJoshuaDoB4-14-2010.jpg

I had the pleasure of seeing Steadfast Boaz in person this weekend at John Oswalds place in Hutchison Ks. Believe me when I say that the pictures do not do him justice.

The really impressive thing were the calves John has on the ground out of some balancer and straight Glebvieh cows out of this bull. At the age of 2 to 3 months they are little meat packing machines.

I had stopped on my way back to Colorado from Missouri with a load of cows to pick up a linebred Gelbvieh dtr of OZZ Govenor and after seeing Boaz I decided to leave her with John to breed natural service to him. I sure will be looking forward to that calf in the spring.

I have long thought that John Oswald was a genius at mating the right cattle to produce outstanding offspring and nothing I saw with this mating has changed my mind.

Nice looking cattle. Went to your website to read abit further - the photos there aren't showing up for me - just boxes. Thought you'd want to know.

What frame size is Boaz, BTW?

ArmyDoc":27xod4gx said:
Nice looking cattle. Went to your website to read abit further - the photos there aren't showing up for me - just boxes. Thought you'd want to know.

What frame size is Boaz, BTW?

Some have shared that with me also. If you get a prompt asking if you would like to open all of the information, even that whichis delivered "unsecure", and you click the button to be able to see the "non-secure" information the pictures will show up. I have been operating (creating/managing) our website myself and as I am sure you can tell I am new at this type of undertaking. I have contacted a few website professionals for insight as to how they may be able to assist us, but have not received too much fedback. Unfortunately this is the best we can do for now without losing grip of our checkbook. To paraphrase Gordon Hazard, I am not cheap, just tight. :)

Boaz was a frame score 5 at a yearling and although we have not taken a hip height measurement on him since I would say he is in the frame 5 area. Most others that have seen him are thinking he is a frame 5 as well, but maybe that is like most people thinking their cows weigh 1,100 when a lot of them will go 1,400. If you see me in the pictures with them I stand 6'7" and am now weighing around 275#. It may be easy to assume he is a smaller frame bull if you were to guess from seeing Boaz and I in a picture together.

Let me know if this help with the pictures showing up on our website for you. I am flattered that you visited our website. Thank you.

I stood pretty close to him and I had him pegged at no more than a frame 5.5, and he definately fills that frame out.

I thought he looked very impressive in his pic. I bet he looks unbelievable in person . :nod:

Nice cattle Julian, thank you for sharing pictures with us..

Liz took the camera with us as we went through the pastures this evening.
Thought I would share some pictures she snapped of Boaz T71 today, May 27, 2010.
He is a three year old now.
IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

For perspective, I am 6'7" so he may not be as small framed as some would think from just the picture alone.
IMG_0808.jpg

Julian":yq3v4mr0 said:
Liz took the camera with us as we went through the pastures this evening.
Thought I would share some pictures she snapped of Boaz T71 today, May 27, 2010.
He is a three year old now.
IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

For perspective, I am 6'7" so he may not be as small framed as some would think from just the picture alone.
IMG_0808.jpg

That third picture really surprised me! That bull looks like he's got some " wheels " on him and an attitude! I guess not....

Dwight: If Lynn and I make it out there this summer on a Kansas tour... Deewalls, Hambley's and the Elmores, I may want to bring back a cane or two of that bull.

Julian, We enjoyed the photos. The cattle look to be good and beefy. Thanks for sharing. Like your logo, also!!!

KMacGinley":26bsy95i said:
Dwight: If Lynn and I make it out there this summer on a Kansas tour... Deewalls, Hambley's and the Elmores, I may want to bring back a cane or two of that bull.

There are purebred Red Angus calves and Balancer calves out of him that will be looking forward to your inspection, but your visit alone would be a bonus. Maybe you could bring one of your black Legend daughters along for the ride. :nod:

1914 Hereford":hno8nsuo said:
Julian, We enjoyed the photos. The cattle look to be good and beefy. Thanks for sharing. Like your logo, also!!!

I can't help but think what beautiful red baldies would be made if sired by your bulls and out of females sired by ours.

There is a red Balancer heifer in that same pasture that sure would have warrented a picture. Come on Julian how about some pics of his calves. I know they are worth sharing cuz I've seen em.

PS you need to quit taking pictures with that bull. You're gonna have people thinking he's a lowline.

ArmyDoc":31sc2ll9 said:

just move to the Opera web browser and life gets easier and safer - i will never go back to IE.

the pictures show up very nicely for me there.

3waycross":1p209705 said:
There is a red Balancer heifer in that same pasture that sure would have warrented a picture. Come on Julian how about some pics of his calves. I know they are worth sharing cuz I've seen em.

PS you need to quit taking pictures with that bull. You're gonna have people thinking he's a lowline.

Liz (my wonderful spouse and photographer) spots that particular heifer everytime we go out to see the others. You might have to do some better sweet-talking to John than Liz, or she may try to make that heifer might be our first Balancer. :p
I'll try to get a pic or two of that heifer if I can sort them out on the computer.

Julian":1ihoq7ty said:
KMacGinley":1ihoq7ty said:

There are purebred Red Angus calves and Balancer calves out of him that will be looking forward to your inspection, but your visit alone would be a bonus. Maybe you could bring one of your black Legend daughters along for the ride. :nod:

How many?

KMacGinley":1h5hctnr said:
Julian":1h5hctnr said:
KMacGinley":1h5hctnr said:

How many?

Unfortunately the constraining factor is not going to be the size of your trailor, but rather my cashflow.
:cry2:

Latest posts