A few pics of a decent-looking local bull.

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
Obviously loads of brahman though I doubt he's pure-bred. I'm looking for a nice young red brahman to cross with my Charolais heifers. I'm currently using a white one that I believe has even less brahman but is still a well-built and handsome animal. This one was actually a neighbor's ranch but his place is so overgrown I'd never seen the animal. :D

100_2490.jpg

100_2489.jpg

100_2487.jpg

I have not dealt with this type of bull since 99 when I spent a few months in africa, but I sure like them! The bull seems structurally correct; one can get heavier boned bulls, but crossed on charolais cows there will be bone anyway. I like his colour too.

ANAZAZI":3ab6bsft said:
I have not dealt with this type of bull since 99 when I spent a few months in africa, but I sure like them! The bull seems structurally correct; one can get heavier boned bulls, but crossed on charolais cows there will be bone anyway. I like his colour too.

This guy's about 2 1/2 years old according to the owner. He also seemed really high on the bull's mother though I didn't get to see her as she's at another ranch. According to the young man who works with the animal, he's really tame.

I've got a few others to see yet so I'll keep you guys posted on what I finally do.