A few pics from today

Help Support CattleToday:

Most of the Gelbvieh cattle around here are not nearly that good so I have never give them a second thought. I do have a few that are 1/4 blood. I keep looking at the pictures both you and hoss post and think, maybe.
Well yesterday a purebred black Gelbvieh bull came through the sale and I was so impressed I bought him without papers or any background on him. He weighed 1000 and cost 1000 so if I dont like him he was still cheap. I am going to breed a few Angus cows to him and see what happens. First bull I have bought to possibly use in 29 years without papers and info about them.

kenny thomas":1k5zwhfr said:
Most of the Gelbvieh cattle around here are not nearly that good so I have never give them a second thought. I do have a few that are 1/4 blood. I keep looking at the pictures both you and hoss post and think, maybe.
Well yesterday a purebred black Gelbvieh bull came through the sale and I was so impressed I bought him without papers or any background on him. He weighed 1000 and cost 1000 so if I dont like him he was still cheap. I am going to breed a few Angus cows to him and see what happens. First bull I have bought to possibly use in 29 years without papers and info about them.

Kenny, I am extremely flattered that the Gelbvieh cattle that I have posted has impressed you. I am even more flattered that you mentioned me and my cattle in the same sentence as 3ways. I have never met 3way in person (hope to one day) but I have done allot of PM'ing with him and have had a few phone conversations.......the man sure knows his Gelbvieh cattle and I always strongly consider his advice and opinions on them. I hope the sale barn bull works out for you. I don't know how far you are from Red House, VA but Knoll Crest Farms has a heck of a breeding program going and they continually produce some awesome AI sires. If you ever decide to go all in on a Gelbvieh bull you might look here. They have an annual sale and sell private treaty. I think 3way may have a KCF Kingpin son that he has put to work this summer. Here is a link to them.
http://www.knollcrestfarm.com/

I have actually done some work on the knoll crest farm but it was with trees not cows. They do have some impressive cattle.
I actually may be as close to you as I am them. They are 5 hours east of me.

You have some good looking cattle Vic, you know their good because you have never posted pics of anything but good looking calves. Cows and bulls doing a fine job.

Alan":rtqyknpl said:
You have some good looking cattle Vic, you know their good because you have never posted pics of anything but good looking calves. Cows and bulls doing a fine job.

I hide the ugly ones just like everyone else :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":3lydc9fs said:
Alan":3lydc9fs said:

Aw Shucks Vic.....not nice of you to give away trade secrets like that..... :cowboy: :mrgreen:

pdfangus":19rl605y said:
3waycross":19rl605y said:
Alan":19rl605y said:

Aw Shucks Vic.....not nice of you to give away trade secrets like that..... :cowboy: :mrgreen:
ive got some ugly one's myself, but ive been on here long enough to know. that aint no way in he$# id show em :cowboy:

Latest posts