100_2229.jpg

100_2230.jpg

100_2231.jpg

100_2232.jpg

100_2233.jpg

100_2234.jpg

100_2235.jpg

100_2236.jpg

The white spot circled in blue is part of one of the tumors that was small enough for him to get outside to show me
100_2237.jpg

100_2238.jpg

Great photos!! Thanks for sharing.

Now I'll go read the topic so I can find out "the rest of the story".

*Edit to add: Okay, I had been following that thread, but last time I was on-line was Tuesday.

Very interesting. I once had a mare who developed 'benign fatty' tumors. Mainly on her neck. Had them removed, the 2nd time it came back with a vengence.

Good luck with this cow. With any luck she can finish raising that calf, and you're right, if she can, that vet bill (very reasonable) was worth not having to go through 2 bags of replacer! That stuff is very expensive now.

Katherine

Update, sort of:

She has started having a little milk so we're supplementing the calf for now. She is eating like crazy and is now moving her bowels.
In other words, so far so good

She ate good for a ocuple of days but still didn;t have any milk to speak of, more like a pacifier for the calf. She finally quit eating and would only drink water and nothing but pee was passing through and not even as much as should have. Buried her this morning. We had an older cow with close to too much milk that claved saturday that I'm going to try to graft the calf onto along with her own.

Sorry about the cow, thanks for the pics.

Out of curiousity; the '2' on her side - year of birth? and in the last pic, did the vet use steel to sew her up? I've only run across one other vet that used steel and it was a small animal vet.

milkmaid":171naw7a said:
Sorry about the cow, thanks for the pics.

Out of curiousity; the '2' on her side - year of birth? and in the last pic, did the vet use steel to sew her up? I've only run across one other vet that used steel and it was a small animal vet.
It's part of her brand "2R". He used regualr suture stuff not steel

Latest posts