A few photos of a good bull calf and his dam

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
We weaned the spring calving cows yesterday and I snapped a photo of this guy. I think he is pretty darn good. He is a son of Six Mile Sakic 832S and of the cow in the photo. His actual weight yesterday after hauling him 30 miles and about 2 hours after we took him away from his dam was 770 lbs. He was born mid February. Here are his numbers for all you number guys.

Here are a few different angles of him

Here is his dam. It isn't a very good photo, but it does show her depth of body.

He sure did here. I don't have a good test of them, only 5 heifers and 1 bull calf.

If this guy keeps going like this, he will be used quite hard here, and maybe some type of semen package deal or something for others. Time will tell.

BRG":cmqsqnfz said:
He sure did here. I don't have a good test of them, only 5 heifers and 1 bull calf.

If this guy keeps going like this, he will be used quite hard here, and maybe some type of semen package deal or something for others. Time will tell.

After seeing that I may use him on a couple of red Gelbvieh cows and see if I can make some big butted ole Balancer bulls.

Where are you getting your Sakic semen. We kinda like that name around here. Old Joe sure as heck gave us some thrills over the years. What a Hockey player, and now what a bull

3waycross":2mxsw6jm said:
BRG":2mxsw6jm said:

After seeing that I may use him on a couple of red Gelbvieh cows and see if I can make some big butted ole Balancer bulls.

Where are you getting your Sakic semen. We kinda like that name around here. Old Joe sure as heck gave us some thrills over the years. What a Hockey player, and now what a bull

We got it as soon as it was released when he first came out. I had heard that he isn't producing, but could be just a rumor. I was up their and saw his dam before I used him, and I REALLY liked her. Made me want to try him. Hopefully this guy turns out so I can use him instead, from here on out.

We've sampled Sakic as well and I think that he might just be the "cat's meow....".

Ours look awesome.

Very nice calf, he is easy to look at. I really like the cow, how old is she. We have a few big deep bodied girls like her, they are my favorites.

Thanks for the compliments.

Yes, Genex does own part of this guys sire. I like what Six Mile is doing with their program. We will actually have bulls in our sale that are out of 3 differerent sires that Six Mile either raised or purchased. We are the only one in the U.S that has Red Towaw Indeed 104H calves, then we are one of the few that will have some Fully Loaded sons and then this Sakic calf. All of them seem to be pretty good.

Latest posts