A Few of this Years Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg":1d9jec6k said:
I wouldn't sell 4 short, I thought he might be younger than the rest and the way he is all spread out takes some of his thickness away.All nice bulls for their age.
I agree. My pick would be 3. And 4 wouldn't be the bottom and likely will move up as he matures.

3 is my fav. 4 is my least. Ironically, around here, 4 would sell first and 3 in the middle of the pack. 4 would sell first and 1 second. People like frame and "leg" around here.

160 was my pick as a calf, he's looked like that since about 2 months old. 154 is my favorite now, hes just a really deep made bull. both have been good since birth. Thanks again for all the kind words and critiques.

Nice work. I wouldn't sell yourself short on your cattle photography skills. The 4th bull was standing funny but those were some really good pictures. Better than most.

The sale catalogs make it look easy, but it took me all afternoon to get some stubborn bulls to try and stand just right, which few did. Thats the only picture I got of the 4th bull because right after that he called my bluff on the wire i had put up for my picture pen and walked right under it. They are in a hot wire pen, but I used an old roll of poly wire to make the spot for pictures and I guess he could tell. Lesson learned