A few of the Horses.

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
oldhorses2.jpg
this is Andy he is 21yrs never been riden he used to be a cart pulling horse, now he is just spoilt rotten by all.
infoal.jpg
Jessie....Black Knights Mum, she is in foal.
holiday1.jpg
here's a few of them running around having a good time from work...
0712_22B.jpg
Raven having a rub up against a tree.
0712_13_new_top.jpg
Knight coming for a cube of sugar being spoilt again. He is such a good nature, I just love him. Hope the baby turns out as good as him.

O00OOOoooh!! Gosh!! I love Shires..Give them all a carrot and a lump of sugar from me,and mabe a kiss on the nose. Andy is such a nice horse,is he a rescue? How did you get him?

peg4x4":11ks9fwp said:
O00OOOoooh!! Gosh!! I love Shires..Give them all a carrot and a lump of sugar from me,and mabe a kiss on the nose. Andy is such a nice horse,is he a rescue? How did you get him?
Peg they are Draft, a bit smaller than a Shire, we have 2 and Linda has 3 others of her own + 22 Arabs, and the baby our first Full Shire, when he is grown a bit we hope we will beable to get a Mare for breeding, depends on whether Linda can get the top paddock at auction, as we are fast running out of room. I would love to live on the farm but my Husband wouldn't. He can't see what we see in the Horses.
Andy is a kind of rescue, he belonged to a man we know who had had him from a foal, his mare was Andy's mom, he had worked him not to hard on his rounds delivering produce from the farm, then both of them got to old to work, he didn't want to get rid of him but he had no where he could keep him as he had sold his small holding. Linda my friend and partner of the horses, lived on the next farm and said she would look after him. When she moved back down near me she bought him with her. and here he will stay until that sad day comes, but hopefully not for a while. Vet said he could go to 40 the way we treat him. :lol2: and I hope he does. Linda's Daughter Bonnie, has a lot to do with him and always jokes she will be looking after him when we are gone and buried.
So that's how we got him. a happy story for a change, he has always had and always will have a good life.
Thank you for those nice comments bigbull.

Andy looks like a varnish marked App.. Any idea what breed he is? Besides good boy..

peg4x4":3vtfwpl4 said:
Andy looks like a varnish marked App.. Any idea what breed he is? Besides good boy..
he is a dapple, New Forest, Welsh Pit Pony Cross we are lead to believe. he is not very big but incredibly strong. and a Good Old Boy. Although today he wasn't so good and he will pay tonight, he went out into the store room and filled himself with Carrots, belly ache for him. He has had some tablets to calm him, Bonnies fault for not tethering him properly, she is the one who will be sitting with him tonight.

Latest posts