A few of the boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few pictures of some of our deer. Nothing huge like ya'll got up north but we still enjoy seeing them.

hello.jpg

backside.jpg

200811041733242-1.jpg

I hope this works. Never done it before. But this is the one I call Bow Tie. He looks to me like he is dressed for a hot date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpjg6jxL8Y
[youtube]v=uEpjg6jxL8Y[/youtube]

That is one might nice looking buck. Good thing it wasn't around here for hunting season, all these hunter would have went nuts trying to shoot the poor thing.

I'm not against shooting them at all its just that I have been hunting a particular buck. Had him in my sights twice in the last two years but once he was across the fence on the neighbors place and the second time I just didn't take him in hopes that my son would get him the next day. Never happened. Besides, if you shoot him you gotta clean him. :lol2:

I will try and get some pics up today of a couple we have taken offof here

I know what ya mean about cleaning them Jo
We harvested a bunch of does this yr for management and after the 2nd one I just started gutting them and donating them to the church
They came and got them and cut and packaged it and gave it to some who need it

Jogeephus":3d7hw249 said:
I'm not against shooting them at all its just that I have been hunting a particular buck. Had him in my sights twice in the last two years but once he was across the fence on the neighbors place and the second time I just didn't take him in hopes that my son would get him the next day. Never happened. Besides, if you shoot him you gotta clean him. :lol2:

I don't got anything against hunting them either since we just got brand new crossbow. :banana:

I always thought it would be nice to have a crossbow. They got some good ones on the market now.

Those are some good healthy looking bucks. Your going to have some real shooters there next set of antlers.
Joe when do your bucks shed?

mnmtranching":z5puqb7t said:
Those are some good healthy looking bucks. Your going to have some real shooters there next set of antlers.
Joe when do your bucks shed?

I'm not sure exactly. I think it will be soon though. This time of year they seem to disappear until spring and then you don't really see them till dusk or dark.

Our biggest problem is not getting the age on them here. We got some decent genetics but 1.5 years is our average age.

1.5 years is perfect Jo. That's what I want to eat. Ya'll can have all those horns you want. I don't eat horns.

My BIL gave me grief for letting a big 14 point buck walk. I didn't want to eat that old stinking sucker.

Jogeephus":3j6bxdv2 said:
Our biggest problem is not getting the age on them here. We got some decent genetics but 1.5 years is our average age.

We have the same trouble here jo their are just too many dang poacher's. :mad:

rattler

Latest posts