A few of our horses

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad you shared. Very little posted here about horses. How many ya got, what do you use them for?

Bigfoot said:
Glad you shared. Very little posted here about horses. How many ya got, what do you use them for?
I have 18 right now. My wife and I breed, train, buy, sell, trade and use our horses for ranch work. Sometimes compete in roping or ranch rodeo events.

SBMF 2015 said:
Good looking stock. What blood lines are you breeding?
To many to mention. My stud is Zan Par Bar/Gay Bar King/Watch Joe Jack and I cross him on a variety of cow bred mares. I shoot for 15 hand plus big size cowhorses, no running bloodlines for me. I find they loose some sense and try when it comes to roping when they are taller and I blame the fact that most of them are diluted with "barrel horse bloodlines".The bay foal in the photo is out of a Playgun/ Jackie Bee mare.

GusPeterson said:
SBMF 2015 said:
Good looking stock. What blood lines are you breeding?
To many to mention. My stud is Zan Par Bar/Gay Bar King/Watch Joe Jack and I cross him on a variety of cow bred mares. I shoot for 15 hand plus big size cowhorses, no running bloodlines for me. I find they loose some sense and try when it comes to roping when they are taller and I blame the fact that most of them are diluted with "barrel horse bloodlines".The bay foal in the photo is out of a Playgun/ Jackie Bee mare.

Thanks for the update.

Do have a horse barn or stables with stalls ? I am fixing to build one and am trying to get some ideas as to how i am going to design it.

I am going to a court order auction this weekend that is supposed to have 74 cutting bred horse's. Some papered some not.

504RP said:
Do have a horse barn or stables with stalls ? I am fixing to build one and am trying to get some ideas as to how i am going to design it.
These horses run on grass pasture, I have a barn that needs a new roof, and I'm going to build 7 stalls and runs off one side of it.

Thats the way we are sit up also. It is going to be a long project for me. I plan on doing alot of the work myself. I am doing it more for my wife than anything else. If she wasn't so dedicated to her horse's. I wouldn't be taken on this project. We have been married for 20 years now. I knew her passion in life was horse's when i first met her. At the the time i didn't realize just how much horse's means to her.
She is wanting start a business saleing colts. So i am trying to help her get facilities set up for her operation.

Maybe it will work out. Unless she trys to keep every colt she raise's.

That auction i mentioned earlier sold a stallion for $ 31,000 and a mare for $ 29,000. Now if i can get the wife making money like that off of her colts i am going to ask her to start paying me a salary !

Sure wish I could still ride horses,(medical reason stops me) . In you experience does any breed ride easier than others. I like to watch old westerns where a lot of actors and extras came west as wranglers Or stuntmen A lot of actors were raised on ranchers . When running the rider and horse are flowing in a smooth motion. Now they look like a sack of taters bouncing on the saddle.

Latest posts