A few more ranch & cattle pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS":33gbkvzc said:
KMacGinley":33gbkvzc said:
Louis Lamour country, The Sackets hung out in those mountains quite a bit if I remember right. Very impressive photos.
Mac-

You are absolutely correct! This IS Louis Lamour country. It is the Wet Mountain Valley West of Pueblo, CO and part of the Rockies (The Sangre de Christo Mountain Range - which means "Blood of Christ") that I taught Agriculture in years ago! And, if you wish to join me in a dream, the origin of the "Sacketts" and their migration to the United States follows almost exactly where my forebears came from! ...and about the same time, too! I have the entire collection of Louis Lamour's books, and ALL of the Sackets' books, too. Feels like home to me.

...and Ned, thank you for showing your absolutely terrific cattle again!! They are some of the best Hereford's I have seen lately, - - - or even LONGER than lately! Don't be a stranger.

DOC HARRIS

Thanks Doc,

We've had a parts of a few movies made around here also. White Buffalo, Comes a Horseman, Continental Divide, Blazing Saddles and Saddle the Wind to name a few.

Well Ned, an online Christian 4x4 group I'm a member of is planning a gathering in Colorado in 2010. If I'm able to attend and it is anywhere close to you....... :D

How on earth do you manage to concentrate when cutting hay with scenery like that? Cattle look great, the 3 old bulls all look good, the 3 calves running would make a great print, something to raise funds for 4H perhaps? Awesome heifer calf with her dam. All that and Blazing Saddles too, must've done something right :)