A few dog pics

Help Support CattleToday:

jallen

Reaction score
Thought I would share some pics of some of my dogs, feel free to join in with your own. Got to love a good dog!!

ins-ponder951_zps1ec076d0.jpg

Rowdy with ribbon from a finished test.
ins-ponder191_zps686dc0f5.jpg

Rowdy with some rice field ducks
pics346_zps605ec886.jpg

IMG00068-20110128-0923_zps17ec3ab9.jpg

Nice group you have there and judging by all of the ribbons and birds in the pic they are extremely talented too . Thanks for sharing ! :tiphat:

Thanks guys. They can be a handful at times but i enjoy training with them. Lots of work though, lol.

Great pictures! Your Chocolate reminds me of my Bella girl. She is yellow but they are similar type. Do you hunt any upland birds with them?

3way I don't get to upland hunt much but the dogs know how to quarter and sit to flush. It's hard to have a competitive retriever and let them do much upland. They love to hunt out in front of you as it is but it's hard to keep them screwed down tight enough to run trials and do upland. We stick to the ducks mostly.

jallen i do enjoy hunting ducks and geese with my lab but we are primarily upland hunters and although she is very talented my dog is just a real good bird dog nothing to do with any competitions. I have considered it but it just never seems to work out.

Here are a couple of my girls and some puppies from Bellas last litter, BTW i took her to be bred today.

My old dog Ginger. Her and i ruined roosters together for close to 11 years before she wore out. She did live to be 15 yrs old though.
IMG_1005_edited-1_zps504ca123.jpg

Bella seen here giving her Daddy some sugar after a great hunt
KansasDec2010Pheasants009_zps6bcf9f56.jpg

Bellas boy Bridger retreiving a bumper at around 15 weeks.Sorry I can't seem to get this one to rotate correctly.
IMG-20111009-00160_zps21ab2082.jpg

Puppies
100_0089_zps5fb7c8d7.jpg

Bella with the puppies second day
IMG-20110702-00045_zps9b6d0351.jpg

I had a yellow lab like that 3way. Best dog I ever had. He was 14 years old when he finally went deaf, blind in one eye and got down in his hips. I had to have him put down. That was 5 years ago. I don't think I am ready for another yellow lab yet. My wife wants one but it really broke my heart to put him down.

3way that one of you and Bella up close is suitable for enlarging and framing. You can almost read her mind and your's too. ;-)

TexasBred":13lnwyqd said:
3way that one of you and Bella up close is suitable for enlarging and framing. You can almost read her mind and your's too. ;-)

You have no idea what that dog means to me! and yes it is framed and hanging on the wall in my office!

BTW i talked to the breeder today they think she is bred back to the dog from 2 yrs ago and those were amazing puppies :banana:

Latest posts