a few cow pics

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
This is as good as it gets for my cattle, can't remember when last I had oats to graze this time of year, pity the heavier soils isn't nearly as good as this. All the cows had to rough it out on very little prior to calving, now they are spoiled a little. It won't last long though then its back to the veld
100_5913.jpg

This cow has produced two replacemnet heifers and a bull that I used in the registered herd last year.
100_5920.jpg

This cow is the dam of one of the show heifers I posted a while back, she is also the dam of the bull with the red cheek that I am going to use as a clean-up sire in the registered herd this season. The second heifer calf in the other thread is her calf.
100_5942.jpg

This second calver is a maternal hafsib of the first heifer calf in the other thread, produced an outstanding bull last year.
100_5940.jpg

Probably my best cow, has produced two show bulls in the past, is yet to have a heifer calf.
100_5955.jpg

Not the prettiest cow, but a very good producer, weans a heavy calf out of that petite little udder.
100_5956.jpg

Bad pose, but a good cow, showed her first heifer successfully, was really hoping for a bull out of her as she is very much my idea of what a hereford cow should look like when she is in good condition.
100_5944.jpg

0411 was in charge of the nursery for the day.
100_5949.jpg

Great, I decided to throw some of my cattle on the board just to come back from posting and see you have some of your great stock on too.... I think I may have just ran under the bus. Just kidding of course, that 0310 cow is very nice, great balance and nice depth with a great udder. Hope you get a few heifers out of her. The cow I have with the blockage was one of my top two or three, 6 bulls calves in a row and a heifer on her now.

Nice pics,
Alan

you have some fine looking hereford cows an calves.they show their btreeding behind them.

I really like the one you said is your best. Doesn't it always work that way - the best one's don't put heifers on the ground for you to keep?

What's veld?

Geez Knersie, you're saying that your best cow is the one thats dark red and kind of short marked, for a minute there, I thought I was looking at a herd from the US. :) The first cow pictured and the last one baby sitting as to be either the same cow or twins. They are all looking good.

Knersie, Would you say they are wearing their "winter" coats now? Grazing looks good for "winter" though... I like the one you say is not your "prettiest". Reminds me of my favorite cow. Jim

1st & last cow must be the same. All are really great. The USA Herefords are striving/working for your kind of cattle - but they sure have a ways to go. I realize you have top quality, but are they representative to "many" Herefords in SA? I mean, when you go to a show, do you blow away your competition, or does your herd represent the quality found there?
What is in the background of the pic with the white rock?
When is your calving "season" - June-July?

Latest posts