A Few Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Here are some pics of our calves that are out of the bull we got from H'76 that we call Bear.
Only got a couple of the calves. The rest of the cows didn't want their calves pictures taken today, maybe tomorrow. :D

steer calf
IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

Heifer calf born yesterday
IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

steer calf out of our heifer bull
IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

Calf out of our Churchill bull
IMG_6169.jpg

Jersey calf was just too cute to miss.
IMG_6156.jpg

Just for fun. Milk I got from my milk cow yesterday, 2.5 gallon can
IMG_6144.jpg

Cream
IMG_6145.jpg

ILH that looks like a heartattack in a bucket to me. :lol2: :lol2: I wish you were closer you would have a new milk customer.

Wish you were closer too 3way. Have 4 gallons of milk in my fridge right now. My next order is not til Tuesday and these guys take a gallon a day.
That cream is so thick it is unreal. Looks like it was whipped it's so thick.

Yes Kenny I have been making butter every other day. Only trouble with it is the washing in cold water. It aggrivates the arthritis in my left hand.
the buttermilk afterwards is the best. My kids drink it as fast as I make it.

I luv herfrds":258jec5n said:
Wish you were closer too 3way. Have 4 gallons of milk in my fridge right now. My next order is not til Tuesday and these guys take a gallon a day.
That cream is so thick it is unreal. Looks like it was whipped it's so thick.

Yes Kenny I have been making butter every other day. Only trouble with it is the washing in cold water. It aggrivates the arthritis in my left hand.
the buttermilk afterwards is the best. My kids drink it as fast as I make it.

Sounds like you need a couple of hogs to take care of the excess. I used to love to make butter with my Great grandmother but I can't get a glass of buttermilk down to save my soul. :frowns:
The calves look real good BTW

ive got a friend that still fires his milk barn up twice a day to milk 1 or 2 cows.an he drinks a gal of milk a day hisself.

ok - i have a request. when i bring that bull down could you make some homemade icecream out of that too. mmmmmmm! i was telling tara the other day that we needed to bring home that jersey heifer calf this fall - i don't want my kids to be the first generation here not to have had milk, butter, cream, ice cream straight from the cow! we still have a couple stalls set up in the homestead barn and a couple separators to boot but not a fancy milker like you have. i still dream about fresh picked rasberries with cream..... what are you feeding the cow?

I'll have to find where we put my ice cream maker. :D
You'll have to talk to Katherine about that calf, she put a claim in already for her. wants to show her for 4-H.
Cows getting barley hay, alfalfa, ground barley and grass hay.
The ground barley is to keep the cow standing still while she is being milked.