A few brahman heifers and my nelore bull

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN":2d2n51kz said:
piedmontese":2d2n51kz said:
do u still got your brahma x bull?

No. I sold him. I didn't have a use for him any more. He was almost 10.
He may have been a crossbred bull but he threw some nice calves.
He was my first bull. And my first and last cross bred bull!
He was 1900my lbs coming out of winter and he wasn't even filled out yet!
Grass fed all his life never pushed. Those traits are something I want to breed into all my cows. He never lost condition breeding cows or in the winter. His daughters were heavy milkers who were easy keepers.
yea i remember the pic of him and i liked the way he looked.why would u never use another crossbred bull?

Well none of the crosses I will produce now will be bull material.
I just had a surprise bull calf from that bull last week. Who knows I may keep him.
My bull was special and I knew it the day he wad born.

Maybe I will use another crossbred bull one day. But a bull like that will be hard to copy. He threw a few good bull calves that I regret selling. We will just have to see what special calves the future brings!!!!!

This string of 102-108 degree days makes me really appreciate my brammers and brammer influenced cows. They don't seem to concerned about the heat but my angus bull is barely holding on...

My Brahman and surprisingly my Herefords have been keeping themselves in good shape.

I sold my angus bull he just couldn't keep up. That is what happen when you buy over fed bulls. They fall apart. I used him for two years and he never recovered condition.

BRAFORDMAN":xcql061u said:
My Brahman and surprisingly my Herefords have been keeping themselves in good shape.

I sold my angus bull he just couldn't keep up. That is what happen when you buy over fed bulls. They fall apart. I used him for two years and he never recovered condition.
not that i believe in overfeeding. but ""fat sells """ they say .. but they all dont fall apart.. some lose the excess fat and never miss a lick

I know fat sells. I buy fat cattle that were developed on grain and grass. Maybe overfeeding was the wrong word. But being fed grain from a calf to a breeding age bull he got dependent on the feed and when turned out on grass and cows he never adjusted.

He lost excess fat and regular fat. He was dewormed every year and lots of grass but he stayed underweight.

Latest posts