A few brahman heifers and my nelore bull

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
Pictures were taken in June by a Brahman breeder who visited our ranch.

IMG_3943.jpg

2 year old horned heifer. She was a few feet behind me so she looks smaller, but she is a big girl!

IMG_39221.jpg

Bred 2 year old horned heifer

IMG_39381.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

Smaller framed polled 15 month old heifer

IMG_3902.jpg

13 month old Nelore bull. He was never halter broken. He is laid back and very gentle. I would never do this with any other bull. He trusts me and respects me.
His dad is about 6 ft tall(give or take a few inches) at the hip! This guy has 3 more years of growing to do.

IMG_39181.jpg

Bred Scurred Hefier

ALACOWMAN":2vca5qqx said:
you gotta get a hereford bull,, son :cowboy:

Haha i have a good scurred brahman bull that will work perfectly :) He is a beef machine

DOnna_a_Polled_MAestro.jpg

not the best pic of him.

IMG_3898.jpg

Another shot of my developing Nelore bull
Pic makes his back legs look straight,but the are not.

Nice looking cattle.I have not been around fullbloods very much but that top heifer looks to be very heavy boned.Is that common or the exception ?

beefmasters":2syym08c said:
Nice looking cattle.I have not been around fullbloods very much but that top heifer looks to be very heavy boned.Is that common or the exception ?
its more common in the greys... not so much as the indu type like those reds

@ Ala I thought the more gyr influence in reds the lighter boned, and the more indu brazil the bigger boned.

I have seen heavy boned reds and greys. It just depends on what you select for.

The last red heifer's grandfather was a gyr. She her om and her grandmother are smaller framed and lighter boned.

Nelore like my bull are not as heavy boned as Brahman. Grey Brahman with more nelore influence are taller and lighter boned.

well if you look at the """true"' american grey brahman like say Hudgins...they got more bone and carry more flesh.... the indu are more framey, lighter boned. but there are exceptions

ALACOWMAN":1pqqrmkq said:
well if you look at the """true"' american grey brahman like say Hudgins...they got more bone and carry more flesh.... the indu are more framey, lighter boned. but there are exceptions
I have a hudgins heifer and can you say thick and big boned!!!!!

I love your cattle!!That's what I will breed when I get back in the business. I'm a Brahman man all the way. I particularly love the Gyr cattle, and the reds, but hopefully I will have a few of them all.

The polled speckled heifer's grandsire was a gyr. She favors a gyr in the way she is built.

The two year old is 1/4 th grey Brahman. Her sire is Red Rhino.

there are 78 breeds of bos indicus cattle. I can't pen her phenotype to a particular breed. I know more about nelore and Brahman.

http://www.jandrfarms.com/ourherd.html
Mr. H Red Rhino is her sire

their more indu -brazil type...... gyr has a crown on the head two axe handles wide and slopes backward looks like theres a extension on their head... and the few ive been around were as gentle as pups

piedmontese":3qbskxbs said:
do u still got your brahma x bull?

No. I sold him. I didn't have a use for him any more. He was almost 10.
He may have been a crossbred bull but he threw some nice calves.
He was my first bull. And my first and last cross bred bull!
He was 1900my lbs coming out of winter and he wasn't even filled out yet!
Grass fed all his life never pushed. Those traits are something I want to breed into all my cows. He never lost condition breeding cows or in the winter. His daughters were heavy milkers who were easy keepers.

Latest posts