A day at our ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman":1dqcyxf8 said:
Old proven cow, proven bull. Sounds like just a bad deal to me. I would stop the investigation and move on. It definitely happens with nothing or nobody to blame but bad luck. Real sorry yall had trouble
Looked from the house and Humpy is facing the opposite way we left her last night.....

AGH!!!

My son says i'm the first white woman to ever drive a mower like this...

M-5":2hxnqoys said:
backhoeboogie":2hxnqoys said:
Sounds racist.
cowgirl8":2hxnqoys said:

bruce jenner didn't have a wreck till he became a woman........just saying...............

How did we get here? Race vs sex? It was MJ who tried the race change, right?

You know often I see pics like these and think about how nice it would be to live somewhere with a longer growing season, milder winter, and need less equipment. BUT then I see that snake pic and all that goes away.

Cg8, don't play dumb on the zero turn mower comment. Perhaps try getting out more and you will see lots of white women mowing their lawns with them. Especially up here.

AllForage":11hzerdt said:
You know often I see pics like these and think about how nice it would be to live somewhere with a longer growing season, milder winter, and need less equipment. BUT then I see that snake pic and all that goes away.

Cg8, don't play dumb on the zero turn mower comment. Perhaps try getting out more and you will see lots of white women mowing their lawns with them. Especially up here.
Seems that's when they often want to work on their tan as well and break out the bikini. :shock: :shock:

I used to see a gal mowing the yard in white fish boots...only. :D The things we did when
Moma wasn't moma.

highgrit":mtslwo2i said:
I used to see a gal mowing the yard in white fish boots...only. :D The things we did when
Moma wasn't moma.
Well don't just stop there...keep going. :lol2:

A few years ago a neighbor was mowing with a push mower in a bikini. i was walking down the front of my lawn.....bam...walked right into the mail box.

cowgirl8":14ry4yjh said:
backhoeboogie":14ry4yjh said:
Sounds racist.
cowgirl8":14ry4yjh said:
Racist against white women?

Think long and hard about it. Maybe you'll get a clue. (your son) (Mentioned your race) (where did that come from, who taught him that?)

I've got a cow with her rib showing about like that one in your third pic. The one who is trying to get the bag off of the calf. She's had a calf pulling on her most of the winter. She was wormed in October. Its embarrassing for me to let anyone see her.

I've had older cows need some help calving as well, usually it's when it's hind feet first, etc.

I needed to give 2 heifers a hand this year, both with heifer calves, one 85 and one 95 lb'er... both mommas were unsteady on their legs for a while after but all was well.

I guess my 'average' is Holy shyt.. this year I'm at 102 lb average, give or take a couple for guesstimate errors, but I did weigh many of them

Nesikep":3bpljdzp said:
I've had older cows need some help calving as well, usually it's when it's hind feet first, etc.

I needed to give 2 heifers a hand this year, both with heifer calves, one 85 and one 95 lb'er... both mommas were unsteady on their legs for a while after but all was well.

I guess my 'average' is Holy shyt.. this year I'm at 102 lb average, give or take a couple for guesstimate errors, but I did weigh many of them

I know you've said before, how old do you breed your heifers?

BobbyLummus1":2aw451jj said:
Backhoe Boogie?? , cow in 3rd pic looks like a good working cow to me coming outta winter and just calving

I don't know her age. Its time to check her teeth. Calf is going to pull her down some more. She is not prepared to give that calf all it could get from a healthy cow. I like mine in better condition. The other cow looks to be in better health.

Latest posts