A cure for Funnel Butt

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
My balancer bull calf. 1/2 Gelbvieh !/2 Angus

IMG00039-20090803-1450_edited.jpg

Two of my Gelbvieh heifers

IMG00036-20090803-1445_edited.jpg

They look real good, definitely no funnel butts there. Are they A.I. calves or out of your herd bull?

Ha ha I was going to say a cure for a funnel but is to throw a red Gelbvieh bull on them.

Nice calves 3way, lots of muscle back there.

Which reminds me, what the heck is going on with Gelbvieh's ?We are surrounded by them even the usual PB herf and char herds have been running red GV bulls on their cows this year..

I am going to try and take some pics tonight of the neighbors leased land tonight. The fella that leases it (7 quarters) has a mixed breed commercial herd and he ran all Gelbvieh bulls the last couple of years, so the 500 + yearling steers in the pasture are all GV sired . There is a bull one bull out there specifically that was pulled and turned in with them that I want your opinions on as well.

capparelli":wkyf40n7 said:
They look real good, definitely no funnel butts there. Are they A.I. calves or out of your herd bull?

The Red one is AI out of a bull called Independence, The blk on is out of my friends bull that was a winner at the NWSS this past Jan. Bred natural service.

hillsdown":3h4opnhx said:
Ha ha I was going to say a cure for a funnel but is to throw a red Gelbvieh bull on them.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Nice calves 3way, lots of muscle back there.

Which reminds me, what the heck is going on with Gelbvieh's ?We are surrounded by them even the usual PB herf and char herds have been running red GV bulls on their cows this year..

I am going to try and take some pics tonight of the neighbors leased land tonight. The fella that leases it (7 quarters) has a mixed breed commercial herd and he ran all Gelbvieh bulls the last couple of years, so the 500 + yearling steers in the pasture are all GV sired . There is a bull one bull out there specifically that was pulled and turned in with them that I want your opinions on as well.

I'm surprised that you don't hear more of them myself. We drove across a bunch of backroads in Missouri and Kansas a few weeks ago and saw so many herds of gelbvieh influenced cattle that it actually shocked me. I reckon the word is getting out.

Oh, dern it, and here I thought you had finally discovered Limousin 3-way! ;-) Still, those are some fine calves and not funnel butted by any stretch of the imagination.

blackcowz":3e07p73w said:
Oh, dern it, and here I thought you had finally discovered Limousin 3-way! ;-) Still, those are some fine calves and not funnel butted by any stretch of the imagination.

I discovered em alright. Owned ONE for 3 days when he tried to kill me( and this was a 2yr old virgin bull). Sold him the next day. I know they work for you and others, and I'm not here to bad mouth them. Just not for me EVER again.

Latest posts