A couple of Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, they are both Red Polls. Jovid, they are both Tuff Enuff's, the March is out of a Wiese bred Power Point daughter (we are selling a maternal sister to this heifer in the National Sale) and the second is out of a Tuff Enuff cow out of our Rose cow line that won her division at NAILE in 05. We decided to try breeding Tuff to one of his daughters and I think it worked pretty well this time.

ShuterSunset":1xe82u8w said:
Yeah, they are both Red Polls. Jovid, they are both Tuff Enuff's, the March is out of a Wiese bred Power Point daughter (we are selling a maternal sister to this heifer in the National Sale) and the second is out of a Tuff Enuff cow out of our Rose cow line that won her division at NAILE in 05. We decided to try breeding Tuff to one of his daughters and I think it worked pretty well this time.

They look really good. It won't be long to the NAILE. Looks like we will be staying all week.

Yeah, the March heifer was bred about a month before the July heifer. I don't think that either of them are far enough along yet to be showing much.

TNMasterBeefProducer":3alhid2f said:
Dont get me wrong. Great looking heifers. It is just red dont sell around here worth a crap. My friend was upset the other day that his non homozygous black bull had put 10 calves on the ground that were red. This is out of about 40 cows. I said don't you kill about 10 a year for freezer beef? He said yeah. I said so kill all the red ones. The meat wont taste any different.
10 a year :shock: that boy's gotta a appetite.

One more RP heifer.

DSCN0302.jpg

Pretty heifers yours to Wewild. Don't you just gotta love red cows. If some of us didn't post up some pretty red ones who would ole TNMPB get to tell how cheap they would sell over in his neck of the woods. Sure glad his neck of the woods ain't wery big.

TNMasterBeefProducer":siq8prss said:
Got some pretty good depth to her we wild. She looks a little bit light in the rear end.

I see that as well.

You think this one will help with that?

DSCN0304.jpg

Do you still have the bull you bought from my neighbors here in Indiana, Wewild? He oughta help with the muscling. He is somewhat related to the lines that we have been having some success with over the last few years. If you still have him, take a pic and post it.

Latest posts