A couple of heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

thems some nice looking calves an heifers.you can tell they like being in the grass.

LOVE the animals, but I am IN LOVE with that grass!! :shock:

Michele

Nice calves. What kind of scales were used to weigh them? Evidentley they were not tagged at birth because some of the younger ones have the lower numbers. That said if they were recently worked and tagged, were they weighed at birth would be another question I have?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3ft2l9f4 said:
Dun - super calves!! but, where's all those beautiful white marked faces???
Why did you run them over the scales at that age??

Weighed but not all were tagged at birth. Use a Trutest 1000 scale. Spring workup so everything gets weighed. The only white faces are a heifer that we won;t keep and a steer. If I remember correctly, these are the prospects for retaining. I'ld have to look at thme again to make sure. Senility rearing it's ugly head again.

cfpinz":34fcqc3n said:
That first one should be in Virginia!

Her dam bred to a heterozygous black Gelbvieh should be in VA for next calving season

Bullbuyer":2y3v8itr said:
Dang it CF! You know them red cattle won't work down here! But if want to stop and pick me up we'll ride out there and get 'er for ya'!

I don;t think he can read addresses but I know he has every pothole in WV named. Just tell him the name of the nearest one and he can find the place

I just double checked and these are the fro prospects for retention. We'll know better in the fall at weaning time.

Good for you Dun, your last post indicates you just checked, that implies that you have records. Everyone serious about the cattle business should have records to check. Trying to remember things even for 6-7 months until weaning time is hard and to remember accurately for past generations of cattle is even worse. Good use of your records.

Jalopy":2ze28356 said:
Everyone serious about the cattle business should have records to check.

If you're trying to get anywhere you have to know where you started. Not much different then taking a trip. That's what records provide.

Bullbuyer":29oju37y said:
Dang it CF! You know them red cattle won't work down here! But if want to stop and pick me up we'll ride out there and get 'er for ya'!

Sounds like a plan. I'll keep the old fart busy while you shove that first red heifer on the trailer, too!

Latest posts