A couple of bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here are a couple young bulls my dad has retained, and has had success in the show ring with. They have completely unrelated sires, but their dams are full siblings
Both pictures taken a couple days ago

Escalade
will be a year old at the end of this month
Sanddollar_Escalade_-_001_Small_.jpg

Traverse
will be 2yrs old in late May
Sanddollar_Traverse_-_001_Small_.jpg

As always, questions, comments and critiques welcomed

Ryan

Thanks for the comments. I agree about the younger one. He's a lot better bull. The older one might have a little more style, and is probably just as good when you get behind the 2 of them. I think the younger one has a lot more natural thickness and expression. Plus the younger one just has that look like he's going to be a good herd bull. Good thing about both is that they're easy keeping, came through the extreme drought/heat very well (I guess that's more of a testament to the dam of the younger bull tho). The older bull bred all 8 (or 10 or so) heifers we had him with last summer very efficiently in the that crazy heat.

Ryan

I like the firt one better too, his looks are very close to a swedish red LOL.

ANAZAZI":22ws6yky said:
I like the firt one better too, his looks are very close to a swedish red LOL.

I thought Swedish were blonde? :lol:

Ryan

These cattle you post really cause a person to "re think" longhorns. Impressive cattle regardless of breed.

the last long horn I saw in these parts was and impressive boy. full grown. but he had to leave cause they could not keep him in a fence....he would jump the fence and go beat up the neighbors bulls who were polled and made a lot of folks mad.

Latest posts