A couple of bull pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Just a couple pics of some yearling GV bulls .

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

They are both out of our Freedom Fog son, the dark red one is out of a first calver.

Good lookin bulls i used a gv bull to ai some of my shorthorn heifers from a bull of Milne Gv also bought a yrln gv to use this summer if i figure out how to post pics i will get them up when i have time been waiting for rain to do this stuff but no luck yet this is the driest i have ever seen it in 20 years of farming no snow this winter still feeding hay as no grass yet calling for snow this weekend hope so any moisture welcome cold enough tonight at +7

Good lookin boys HD. What do you figure they will weigh. I like em both but not as well as Maximus.

They look like a Gelbvieh should. :tiphat:

Thank you, they look kinda mean in the first two pics, which they are not at all. I think it is just that they are sexually frustrated and want to meet some ladies.. :lol2: :p

3way I haven't weighed them lately, but they are probably around 1500-1700 now; their adj YW's were 1179 and 1229. The 1179 scrotal was 38cm and the 1229 was 41cm . They did very well over winter just being fed oat green feed.

Tamarak, I sure hope you get some rain soon. Hubby said a few weeks ago when he was through your area that it was bone dry and brown.

We were hit really hard with the drought last year . We also had hardly any snow this year; the only thing that may save us is that we got some really good heat and now we are getting a good soaking. We looked like your part of the country up until last week, and our dugouts are still completely dried up ,even after the winter and snow fall. I just pray that our drought is over. Here's hoping that we all get a bumper crop and lush pastures this year. :tiphat:

What, no snow?

Next time you fire that motor home up and head south, let me know.

No snow Cf here ,although north of us they did get a few cm's. We got pelted with rain all night ,there are puddles everywhere.. :banana: We got around 2 inches so far, which is close to what we got all last summer.

I'll load up the motorhome today and head south, you each will take a bull then ? :p :lol2:

If I ever get to do a road trip again through the US you all will be in my list as well as quite a few others on CT and Ranchers. Inlaws are coming with their 3 kids for a month in July, I think that is a good time for me to go on a road trip. :roll:

Have a fella looking at the boys tonight, cross your fingers that he takes one .