A couple new babies ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Picked these up a couple days ago. 5 mths old, British Alpine doe and Toggy wether. The doe is very, very nice. Dun, I think she is my best dairy doe so far. I love her dairy wedge and depth of body, and how wide she stands at the back. She is a huge lump of a doe for 5 mths, very well grown. She has lovely bone and plenty of substances and prescence. SHe is gonna be a monster when she grows up. I know she needs a bit of work in the uphill factor, and the escutcheon, her pasterns arent as soft as this picture indicates. But I really think she is gonna do well for me.

Here are some poor pictures of her. The picture quality sucks and she has her hackles up, but she had been travelling for four and a half hours, it had been cold wet and raining and we stupidly forgot to put straw in the trailer - miscommunication, each of us thought the other had put it in, and when we left at 4am no one looked in there as we were half asleep. So when we got home, she was muddy, cold, wet, tired and cranky, so all I did was unload her into the pen, dry her off and warm her up with a bottle of milk, plenty of hay to eat and straw to sleep in. I wasnt about to stress her out more by setting her up properly for the pics. Also I took these on my mobile instead of my normal camera.

Anyway. Here she is.

Dotti1.jpg

Dotti2.jpg

Dotti3-1.jpg

Here is her toggy wether friend, Bullsye. He is so ridiculously friendly, all I have to do is sit down and he plonks himself on my lap. He has started his trick training, he knows rear and kneel, I'm going to continue the trick training and teach him bow, shake hands, sit, ush down (lay down) and then pack, harness and saddle. I couldnt get any better photos cos he kept coming to cuddle me lol

Bullsye.jpg

Congrats on your purchase , even though the pic quality isn't that great you can sure see her potential. I look forward to seeing more of her as she grows.

Bullsye is adorable Keren.

thanks guys. I've been wanting to get out there and get some decent pics, play round with her and set her up for the photos but I've been carting hay instead.

She is a sweet little goat, I'm looking forward to showing her in Feb.

Latest posts