a chat with my brother in law

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
As I'm sitting at my desk readying a batch of samples for some DNA tests, he asks, "So, what are those? Little milkshakes?"

"Nope. That's bull semen."

...and, thus ended our little chat...

I love people from the city. HA!

I used to deal with a company that had some quality control issues so every time I had a defective straw I'd hold onto it and put it in a container in the herdsmans office so the next time the salesman dropped by he could replace them. I walked in one day and the dairymans father was using one to stir his coffee.

That's a good one CP! :lol:
What did he have to say when you told him what it was? :shock:

And... Did he then drink the coffee?

cow pollinater":iwrxuh64 said:
I used to deal with a company that had some quality control issues so every time I had a defective straw I'd hold onto it and put it in a container in the herdsmans office so the next time the salesman dropped by he could replace them. I walked in one day and the dairymans father was using one to stir his coffee.
That's just plain Nasty! (but funny)!!

cow pollinater":2sksga9y said:
:lol: :lol: I would probably have burst out laughing.

My grandparents owned a small farm which was the "family headquarters." My grandmother always had to be ready to feed a crowd, so she'd keep a big roast or two (or other meat) wrapped in butcher paper in her big freezer. My aunt's fiancé (now husband of many years) was working on his graduate degree in herpetology (study of snakes), and the farm was a great place to collect specimens for his dissertation. He found a huge one down under the rowboat by the pond, and wrapped it up and stored it (yes) in grandma's freezer.

She set the package of meat out to thaw and then unwrapped it to roast with the potatoes carrots and onions. It's been 40 years gone by but i can still remember her scream when she opened that butcher paper and found a black rat snake several feet long!

boondocks":367okfls said:
My grandparents owned a small farm which was the "family headquarters." My grandmother always had to be ready to feed a crowd, so she'd keep a big roast or two (or other meat) wrapped in butcher paper in her big freezer. My aunt's fiancé (now husband of many years) was working on his graduate degree in herpetology (study of snakes), and the farm was a great place to collect specimens for his dissertation. He found a huge one down under the rowboat by the pond, and wrapped it up and stored it (yes) in grandma's freezer.

She set the package of meat out to thaw and then unwrapped it to roast with the potatoes carrots and onions. It's been 40 years gone by but i can still remember her scream when she opened that butcher paper and found a black rat snake several feet long!
I worked on a ranch that took in stockers for agribeef for a few years. When we lost one we'd cut off the earmark and the brand to show that it was a dead steer to account for death loss. We had a company picknick planned and the foreman's wife was asked to grab some meat to thaw. We came back to headquarters after a long day to a package of thawed ears and brands. :lol:

Latest posts