A celebrity in the oats?

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken this is Tenderheart from the Care Bears. I could be wrong. I tried for an autograph but she buggered off.
vCCwMEc.jpg

MurraysMutts said:
Do the bears scavenge on fresh cut hay fields there?
Kinda like coyotes do here. It amazing how close the coyotes will come while ur cutting hay.

No they don't, but coyotes and ravens make out like bandits. But the bears do love standing oats, the place is crawling with them right now.

Silver said:
MurraysMutts said:
Do the bears scavenge on fresh cut hay fields there?
Kinda like coyotes do here. It amazing how close the coyotes will come while ur cutting hay.

No they don't, but coyotes and ravens make out like bandits. But the bears do love standing oats, the place is crawling with them right now.

O yes! I think a mangy coyote gains 10 pounds on hay cutting day! Lol
Very kool picture.
And I know they ain't cute cuddly animals that need hugs... well, cute maybe. But I know they dont cuddle like a human would like them to. Lmao!

The neighbor's border collies treed one down along the river just downstream from my place. He has a "Idaho Shag" pup. It was climbing the tree trying to bite the bear. When it finishes growing up I don't think a snotty cow will intimidate it.

Have seen them in the wheat fields in coastal North Carolina after harvest licking up any spilled wheat. Actually they will eat more plants than anything else. They will graze much like a cow.

Silver said:
If I'm not mistaken this is Tenderheart from the Care Bears. I could be wrong. I tried for an autograph but she buggered off.
vCCwMEc.jpg

I don't know whether to be impressed or concerned about your impressive knowledge of the Care Bears. :lol:

Nice picture. Saw one here just a couple of weeks ago, probably a recently "weaned... kicked out on it's own" kind of young one. I'd say in the 100-125 lb range. I have seen a large one, and a sow with a cub... so there is at least one breeding pair in the area. As long as they leave the cattle alone...... They will tear up a corn field though.....have not grown oats. Don't seem to have any problem with them in the sorghum... knock on wood....

I counted 14 bears including cubs in the neighbours freshly cut oats yesterday. And several more scattered around. We are polluted with them these days.

Latest posts