A cattlemen's protest in Washington DC for the Hammonds.

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2wymxr2r said:
906. Droves of Animals on Streets
906.1 No person shall drive or conduct sheep, swine, beeves, or other cattle in herds
or droves through any improved city street, nor any densely populated suburban
street, nor on any suburban paved or board sidewalk, except as provided in this
section.
906.2 No person shall drive or conduct swine, beeves, or other cattle between the
hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
906.3 No herd or drove shall follow a preceding herd or drove at a distance that is
less than one hundred fifty (150) yards, and no less than two (2) drovers shall be in
charge of any herd or drove.
906.4 Sheep driven or conducted between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.,
and when crossing a bridge, shall be in charge of at least six (6) drovers; and the
footway and not less than one-third (1/3) of the roadway of the bridge shall be kept
free of obstruction by the sheep.
906.5 No drove of beeves shall consist of more than fifteen (15) beeves.
906.6 Horses and mules shall not be driven loosely through any street under any
circumstances, but may be conducted in droves of not more than six (6) haltered
together and in charge of at least one (1) person holding the halter.
906.7 No horse, mule, goat, sheep, swine, bovine, or other cattle shall be allowed to
run at large in the District, and no person owning or harboring any of these animals
shall cause or permit an animal to wander, rove, or run at large unrestrained.
906.8 Horned cattle may be led singly by a rope or halter through any of the streets
in the District.
906.9 A cow and calf may be led together, if the cow is secured by a rope or halter.
906.10 No loose herd or flock shall be driven or conducted in the District, except with
a permit issued by the Chief of Police.
906.11 A permit to drive or conduct a loose herd of animals shall designate the route
and time the herd or flock may be driven or conducted.
906.12 No person under sixteen (16) years of age shall drive or conduct any animals
listed in this section.
Title 22 District of Columbia Municipal Regulations
906.13 No person shall wash or clean any vehicle; or water, feed, or clean any
horse, mule, cow, or other animal; within fifteen feet (15 ft.) of any public hydrant or
pump within the District.
906.14 No person shall bring into the District from any other state, territory, or
jurisdiction, on, over, or along any public street, avenue, highway, road, alley, or
place, any animal that is not fit for use or that is not free from lameness, sores, and
any vice or disease.
906.15 No person shall bring into the District any animal that is likely to cause delay
in traffic; or to obstruct any street, avenue, highway, road, alley, or place; or to
cause accident or injury to persons or property using those places.
906.16 No person shall drive or work any unfit or diseased animal on, over, or along
any public street, road, alley, or place in the District.
906.17 The owner of any diseased or unfit animal shall not allow or permit it to be
driven, worked on, or brought into the District along or over any street, avenue,
highway, road, alley, or place from any other chapter 27 of the D.C. Code)
skyhightree1":2wymxr2r said:
906. Droves of Animals on Streets
906.1 No person shall drive or conduct sheep, swine, beeves, or other cattle in herds
or droves through any improved city street, nor any densely populated suburban
street, nor on any suburban paved or board sidewalk, except as provided in this
section.
906.2 No person shall drive or conduct swine, beeves, or other cattle between the
hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
906.3 No herd or drove shall follow a preceding herd or drove at a distance that is
less than one hundred fifty (150) yards, and no less than two (2) drovers shall be in
charge of any herd or drove.
906.4 Sheep driven or conducted between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.,
and when crossing a bridge, shall be in charge of at least six (6) drovers; and the
footway and not less than one-third (1/3) of the roadway of the bridge shall be kept
free of obstruction by the sheep.
906.5 No drove of beeves shall consist of more than fifteen (15) beeves.
906.6 Horses and mules shall not be driven loosely through any street under any
circumstances, but may be conducted in droves of not more than six (6) haltered
together and in charge of at least one (1) person holding the halter.
906.7 No horse, mule, goat, sheep, swine, bovine, or other cattle shall be allowed to
run at large in the District, and no person owning or harboring any of these animals
shall cause or permit an animal to wander, rove, or run at large unrestrained.
906.8 Horned cattle may be led singly by a rope or halter through any of the streets
in the District.
906.9 A cow and calf may be led together, if the cow is secured by a rope or halter.
906.10 No loose herd or flock shall be driven or conducted in the District, except with
a permit issued by the Chief of Police.
906.11 A permit to drive or conduct a loose herd of animals shall designate the route
and time the herd or flock may be driven or conducted.
906.12 No person under sixteen (16) years of age shall drive or conduct any animals
listed in this section.
Title 22 District of Columbia Municipal Regulations
906.13 No person shall wash or clean any vehicle; or water, feed, or clean any
horse, mule, cow, or other animal; within fifteen feet (15 ft.) of any public hydrant or
pump within the District.
906.14 No person shall bring into the District from any other state, territory, or
jurisdiction, on, over, or along any public street, avenue, highway, road, alley, or
place, any animal that is not fit for use or that is not free from lameness, sores, and
any vice or disease.
906.15 No person shall bring into the District any animal that is likely to cause delay
in traffic; or to obstruct any street, avenue, highway, road, alley, or place; or to
cause accident or injury to persons or property using those places.
906.16 No person shall drive or work any unfit or diseased animal on, over, or along
any public street, road, alley, or place in the District.
906.17 The owner of any diseased or unfit animal shall not allow or permit it to be
driven, worked on, or brought into the District along or over any street, avenue,
highway, road, alley, or place from any other chapter 27 of the D.C. Code)
Could someone please tell me. Does that say no?

I.did make out I can't water my horses within 15 feet of a fire hydrant. Have to be sure and take a bucket

Yea, looks like you can't drive cattle through town. I'm thinking it would prove impossible anyway.

There really isn't a good way to protest anything. Might fall on a deaf ear, but it's probably best to just tell a law maker.

I bet they have a first amendment rights area set up somewhere near the capital. You'll probably be diverted to it.

I know their prison sentence is about the arson case; and I agree that the sentence is severe whether it was started as a back fire or as an attempt to cover up poaching. But the problems between the Hammonds and BLM/Forest Service started long before. I think it's obvious that the feds would like to get the Hammond property but I don't know if they have been as deceitful and dishonest as the Hammonds are claiming. I would love to see an article that goes back and forth between both sides so they can rebut the claims made by the other.

The government as in "we the people" have given the Hammonds a sentence that doesn't match the crime. These folks are being made an example out of and that's not right. It's something along the lines of "equal justice for all " except if your ranch borders BLM land. The poaching is no more than government slander against the Hammond family. IMO

Bigfoot I'm thinking a Thursday might be the best day. I don't know if politicians take long weekends when there in session. But you always hear that the government releases controversial stuff on Fridays.

I really want to fly the Gadsden along side the Stars and Stripes but I don't know if it's appropriate in this case.

You can fly any flag along with the US Colors, as long as you follow proper protocol in regards to the US flag. If they are flown or displayed on the same pole, the US flag goes on top. If they are flown on separate poles, the US flag is always on the right, and on a higher pole if possible--otherwise, both the same height with US flag on right.

http://www.united-states-flag.com/displaying-flags.html

Many of our problems with the federal government could be solved by doing 2 things: One- Repeal the 17th, and number two- bring our senators and reps back to their respective states and districts. We have the technology now for them to conduct 90% of there business from a local town hall, WITH THEIR CONSTITUENTS PRESENT IN THE ROOM WHILE THEY VOTE.
This would create a nightmare scenario for lobbyists and special interests. No more closed door meetings. Easy for your/our/my local media to have a camera in their face to broadcast every evening, or live, what your congressman is doing. Immediate repercussions if they don't tow the mark and walk the line. No more DC insiders. When you can not only ask if they've read the bill, you can read it to them. There is no reason for federal regulatory control and policy coming from hundreds or thousands of miles away. We have the means to bring their sorry arses home and dance to our music. It'd be a good 28th

Ouachita":29kf2uxk said:
Many of our problems with the federal government could be solved by doing 2 things: One- Repeal the 17th, and number two- bring our senators and reps back to their respective states and districts. We have the technology now for them to conduct 90% of there business from a local town hall, WITH THEIR CONSTITUENTS PRESENT IN THE ROOM WHILE THEY VOTE.
This would create a nightmare scenario for lobbyists and special interests. No more closed door meetings. Easy for your/our/my local media to have a camera in their face to broadcast every evening, or live, what your congressman is doing. Immediate repercussions if they don't tow the mark and walk the line. No more DC insiders. When you can not only ask if they've read the bill, you can read it to them. There is no reason for federal regulatory control and policy coming from hundreds or thousands of miles away. We have the means to bring their sorry arses home and dance to our music. It'd be a good 28th

I have to admit I have never thought about that idea. But I like it. A lot.

Ouachita wrote:
^^^^^The voice of reason...

Thought about this a lot today. Need to somehow get a country music star talking about this thing. Somebody with brass fries. Then you'll get people talking. Truth is, I've only ran in to one person that even knows anything about all of this. He thought they were poachers.

Bigfoot":oni47pyx said:
Thought about this a lot today. Need to somehow get a country music star talking about this thing. Somebody with brass fries. Then you'll get people talking. Truth is, I've only ran in to one person that even knows anything about all of this. He thought they were poachers.

Thanks to our wonderfully persuasive liberal media :bang:

I funned around a little yesterday on this thread. But thinking about it I think probably the best thing we can use is the numbers and knowledge we have as a group.
Let's get real, I throw away more mail than I open. Certainly my letter to any government official finds the trash can quicker than a kohls catalog does here.
.Maybe some off our brighter and educated members could put together a document we could all use. A petition of sorts. We could research and determine the proper officials to attack with our opinion. And flood them with paper and email. Media two. This forum claims 15000 members. Of course most are not active, but a lot are.

fenceman":2dpvy2ze said:
Certainly my letter to any government official finds the trash can quicker than a kohls catalog does here.
You'd be surprised. I've kind of backed off lately but was writing a coupe of letters/emails a week for a while and most of them got a response including a few phone calls from the elected officials themselves on a few occasions.

Red Bull Breeder":w9rn6lo5 said:
About 50 head on the floor of the US House of Representatives would get some attention. After all it is the peoples house.

The crooks would be running from the bull, instead of shooting the bull.

Williamsv":1371jhg2 said:
I know we need to do something to get Washington's attention. I am sure willing to try.

:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Not a problem, meaningful change is in the air.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not got time to go any where have to stay home and take care of my business and let the Hammonds take care of theirs. The only think the occupiers highlighted is how ranchers use the public lands. They did not gain enough sympathy from any one that mattered.