A Cap Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Yesterday I found one of my favorite caps out in the pasture. It had fallen off at one point or another a couple of months ago while out there welding, fixing fence or moving cattle, or something. It looks to be in good shape, no noticeable stains or smells, just a bit more weathered.

My question is this: How long does it have to sit on the dashboard of my truck before I can wear it again?

Thanks,

Ryan

It has to sit on the dash until Jupiter and Mars come into alignment. If you can't wait that long, throw it on the dash with a fabric softner sheet inside of it and it'll be smelling good in a couple of days...

Why would you have to wait? Would you let an old friend you haven;t seen in a while just hang around cooling his heels before you acknowledged him? Put the cap on!

i was thinking the samething dun.theres no need to wait to wear it.unless he wants to put it in the dishwasher an wash it 1st.i went to the lake with the kids last summer.an my work cap blew off into the lake.so the kids turned the boat an picked it up.it was soaked good.but i put it back on.an it went into the lake a 2nd time.an i got it an put it back on.

dun":18wayhhd said:
Why would you have to wait? Would you let an old friend you haven;t seen in a while just hang around cooling his heels before you acknowledged him? Put the cap on!

I never thought of it that way. Thank you all for the insight and advice. It will be put on when I head to Fort Worth tomorrow after church, for sure.

Ryan

Ryan":1d87xxtd said:
dun":1d87xxtd said:

I never thought of it that way. Thank you all for the insight and advice. It will be put on when I head to Fort Worth tomorrow after church, for sure.

Ryan

You have my permission to wear it to church. Why keep a good thing waiting?

Ryan":1bp49h6h said:
dun":1bp49h6h said:

Ryan
When you go to church take a moment to give thanks for finding it. I lost one in the last hurricane. It was yellow and from a Shell gas station. I thought I could find it. No such luck. I'm afraid it is gone forever. Can't find another like it. I needed that cap. It was my friend.
:cry2:

Ryder":yi2qmaww said:
Ryan":yi2qmaww said:
dun":yi2qmaww said:

Ryan
When you go to church take a moment to give thanks for finding it. I lost one in the last hurricane. It was yellow and from a Shell gas station. I thought I could find it. No such luck. I'm afraid it is gone forever. Can't find another like it. I needed that cap. It was my friend.
:cry2:

I will give thanks. For sure.

I am sorry to for your loss. The right cap is tough to find, and nearly impossible to replace.

I've got three in the rotation right now (only 2 while this one was lost). A clean one. A general all-purpose one. And then this one. I'm not sure how to describe this one, but I just know when I'm supposed to wear it. I

Ryan":24jj1cgi said:
Yesterday I found one of my favorite caps out in the pasture. It had fallen off at one point or another a couple of months ago while out there welding, fixing fence or moving cattle, or something. It looks to be in good shape, no noticeable stains or smells, just a bit more weathered.

My question is this: How long does it have to sit on the dashboard of my truck before I can wear it again?

Thanks,

Ryan

Put it on and wear it today...and I know I dont' have to tell you but "put the visor in the front". :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":35l04lrb said:
Ryan":35l04lrb said:

Thanks,

Ryan

Put it on and wear it today...and I know I dont' have to tell you but "put the visor in the front". :lol2: :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: That was tooo good!

I had one blow off my head this summer and into the hay baler. I found it yesterday at the bottom of the hay ring. I don't think this one can be fixed though. :mrgreen: It was a US BORDER PATROL hat. Good thing I have a spare. When I find a hat I like I sometimes get two if they are cheap enough.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who encouraged me to put the hat right back on. I've been wearing it off and on the past couple few days, and it has been great. The comfort is unsurpassed, and I forgot how much I really enjoyed it til I got it back.

Ryan

Latest posts