A bunch of pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a few pictures.

Moved a few cows to fresh pasture today. No help, no horses, I just got out of the pickup and said "come on girls". :D

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

Can't help but take a few pictures of 175 when he strikes his pose.

IMG_1699.jpg

CopyofCopyofIMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

A few baby ducks.

IMG_1712.jpg

Panoramic shot from today.

Untitled-Stitched-07.jpg

Ever have one of those days?

IMG_1739.jpg

A few from the last few weeks.

IMG_1681.jpg

Bringing in the heifers to AI.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

6050 heifer.

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

A ten year old heifer. :D

IMG_1666.jpg

Golden eagle.
IMG_1622.jpg

CopyofIMG_1622_1.jpg

Very good bull. Looks like he wintered well. Do you have snow on the mountain all summer? We spent several days in Colorado last summer and loved it. Will be back there next month. Where in Colorado are you at?

Baldie Maker":347kn185 said:
what bull are you using this year on your heifers ned?

Most years I try to only AI to 1 or 2 bulls but this year I mixed it up a little. I AI'd to GB L1 DOMINO 175E picture above, CL 1 DOMINO 320N, GB L1 DOMINO 471H, HH ADVANCE 767G 1ET, HH ADVANCE 872X, HH ADVANCE 0024 and a son of L1 DOMINO 99496 I raised. Then for clean up CL 1 DOMINO 6152 and RH DOMINO 6050.

kenny thomas":31snz1it said:
Very good bull. Looks like he wintered well. Do you have snow on the mountain all summer? We spent several days in Colorado last summer and loved it. Will be back there next month. Where in Colorado are you at?

Thanks. The bull is 8 years old and I can't say enough good things about him. I like everyone of his calves. I think you could find some snow in the mountains all year, most years. The drought of 2002 I'm not sure if you could of found any. It snowed on the mountains again today. We're in the Wet Mountain Valley.

Great pictures and what a hunk of a bull!
As far as getting them moved without any help, from the photos, I can't see where else they would go! ;-)

Great bull selection from what i can see Ned. All seem to have CE, Moderate to low BW, plenty of growth, and CEM, while being very maternal. Where did you get the 872X semen tho? he's as old as I am. :lol:

thats 1 heck of a fine looking horned herefod bull.i dont blame you for using him as much as you can.an you have some fine looking cows an calves.i can tell that your putting alot of time in that fine herd of yours.

What beautiful pictures. You sure have a great herd of cattle. I'd love waking up to that scenery every morning. You have much lighter coloured Herefords than we do here in Australia, nonetheless their condition is magnificent. You sure must have their over winter feeding program just right.
Colin

fabulous pics..awesome..i love to visit the west on vaca..the mts are awesome and yer land is beautiful...i reckon it snows there tho..dang

Ned Jr.":1vnnlnpm said:
Thought I'd share a few pictures.

Moved a few cows to fresh pasture today. No help, no horses, I just got out of the pickup and said "come on girls". :D

I've no doubt just a few words is all you need, Ned! Since you and your cows lay around in such close quarters together in your calving barn on those cold, COLD early March nights! You in your recliner and all of them bedded up, laying back and watching TV together! :tiphat: :lol:

Great pictures, as always! Sure makes me miss Colorado! I sure hope we get up there this summer!

Edited to add: I sure do like the looks of that 6050 heifer, Ned!

George

Latest posts