A bow kill now!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Son hasn't really bow hunted much. One reason, I wasn't convinced his shooting was up to par. I feel like it's unethical to shoot at an animal if you have a chance of just wounding it. He's been shooting a bunch, since fall, and the arena has been wet. Second reason, I lease the place I live on for hunting, and it's not super convenient to be running to a place my dad owns to hunt. Anyway long story short I took him yesterday. I'm terrified of heights, and we have a two man stand. I fill it up by myself, so I put 2 one man stands back to back on the same tree. He double lunged this doe from about 25 yards. She only made it about 40 yards before collapsing. He "claims" he is not going to gun hunt anymore, that bow hunting is that much more exciting. I didn't get to see it. The deer came from his way, and I can't turn my head. Sounded like a good time though.

That's awsome he's right about it being more exciting I would rather shot a doe with a bow then a buck with a gun

He's on a roll now. You might should start video recording his hunts. Congratulations are in order again.

ram":kywv8j5a said:
He's on a roll now. You might should start video recording his hunts. Congratulations are in order again.

Videoing is more challenging than it looks on tv. I got give credit to somebody that has successfully done it. I think that's like 5 or 6 deer for him. I have failed to get any on video.

I must admit, while it's great to bag such a nice deer, doesn't it also put more pressure on the boy to get an even bigger one next year? (Of course I'm kidding) Darn fine harvest.

slick4591":edwlsmh6 said:
:clap: Very nice doe!

I know you have to take a some does, but I kinda hated to see that one go. She was really big. Can't help but think she had some decent genetics.

Congratulations to both of you. I'd be proud as heck if I was you. Daughter and I are going out for first day of gun season in the morning. I really hope she gets one we have an awesome spot along a new hayfield the deer have been loving it there.

Very nice.. Its not hard at all BF get him a camera that can be clamped onto the stand and he can record his own without you being there or get a climber stand and climb up 5 feet higher than him and record over top of him works too.

Great doe!! I'm impressed. I haven't got anything with my bow in 2 years :???: I do rifle hunt though,but I agree with your son,bowhunting is very fun and INTENSE!!

Bigfoot, you have created a monster now. It takes years for a lot of men to go out and kill a deer with a bow on their first attempt. That young man is a woodsman for sure. Congrats to him and I am proud to have met such a great kid who has the skills in the woods as he does.

Congrats to him nothing finer than bow hunting and the addiction that comes with it, as it is the ultimate in hunting.

Great job on teaching him to hunt :tiphat: Better the boy to be hunting than hunting the boy.

Latest posts