A A R TEN X ANGUS BULL ??

Help Support CattleToday:

I think the whole world has used him , but me, I see where alot of the bull offerings in recent sales have been sired by him, he aint to pretty to look at , but his progeny are topping sales everywhere.

I've used him for several years, I like the calves from him, but what I like even better is I don't have a single one in production. They sell really well. Like it has been said he isn't much to look at in the pictures, but his calves have been really nice, have a few younger ones around now. We had planned to flush a few cows to him but went with Discovery a son of Ten X. I don't think you top registrations, and top sales year after year and just be an ordinary bull. He is the real deal with good numbers across the board. Use him on cows with a little power and I think you will like the results.
He is a little pricey at $60 but if the first things sold are his calves then 60 is really not so high.

From the offspring that I've seen I've always considered him a paper tiger

We have not used him but I have seen several of his progeny at various Angus operations. A frequent comment that I have heard from those that have used him is that he isn't the most consistent sire; some are good and some are not so good. However, Ten X has some of the most impressive EPDs in the breed so that seems to be driving much of the demand for his progeny.

If you raise breeding stock and your customers pay attention to EPDs, he may be a good option for you. However, if most of your customer base is more focused on the appearance and actual birth weight of the bull, there are probably better options for you.

Lazy M":28ga48me said:
From the offspring that I've seen I've always considered him a paper tiger

I would agree, we won't touch him. Definitely not an udder improver. Some mature daughters I have seen have downright miserable udder conformation.

Latest posts