'97 Powerstroke

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
Drove her into town this morning and parked it. Came back a few hours later and the "Wait to Start" light flashes on and off continuously while the engine idles with a race car lope and shuts off. Heard it could be the Cam Position Sensor. Anyone ever dealt with this? Also checked my fuses under the hood and one was fried. Heard this was related to a fuel heating system, but don't see how that could be important while the weather is in the 70's here.

D.R. Cattle":12tli17h said:
Drove her into town this morning and parked it. Came back a few hours later and the "Wait to Start" light flashes on and off continuously while the engine idles with a race car lope and shuts off. Heard it could be the Cam Position Sensor. Anyone ever dealt with this? Also checked my fuses under the hood and one was fried. Heard this was related to a fuel heating system, but don't see how that could be important while the weather is in the 70's here.

Yeah DR had a simular problem on my old 250 if you get a diagnostic check it will tell you. New sensor about a 100 bucks held in with a 7/16 bolt. They are real easy to change out.

Latest posts