97 F350 dually Power Stroke

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
If Murphy doesn't rear his ugly head this time next week I will own a 97 F350 Powerstroke Dually Crew cab. Anyone have a truck like or similar to this one. I've been looking for about 5 months now and read a lot and research. I figure it will pull around 10-15000 pds. no problem.

tncattle":13nuot4l said:
I figure it will pull around 10-15000 pds. no problem.

It'll pull much more than that. Just make sure you have electric brakes on the trailer to stop the load :lol:

backhoeboogie":fn0fe295 said:
tncattle":fn0fe295 said:
I figure it will pull around 10-15000 pds. no problem.

It'll pull much more than that. Just make sure you have electric brakes on the trailer to stop the load :lol:
It does have electric brakes

Better be sure and add the "Ford Cooling Additive" to the cooling system.

Have heard of a few folks that had to replace engines from this.

It's not limited to Ford's either.

Got a 96 and a 97, both single cab 350s. The 97 has a better motor but they are both adequate. I've put a few aftermarket items on the 96 that help, the exhaust brake being the most useful. I pull a dual tandem gooseneck with 20 rolls, does fine in flat ground but in the mountains it leaves something to be desired.

cfpinz

i have a 2000 f-350 dually with 220,000 kms on it and it has been really good, and has lots of power. I hauled round bales with it last year, we had 25,000 lbs on the trailer, and i'm not gonna tell you it pulled it easy , but it pulled it pretty good

Latest posts